Thursday, September 18, 2008

gimping around

{Okay- I've tried to write this post twice & something is up with blogger- here I go again.}
It's been a slow week of sitting around the house. I had only left the house twice 1. my doctor's appointment 2. arctic circle drive thru .... until yesterday. Blogger moms kristy & karrie came over & picked me up to go to our "therapeutic Thursday" at janae's where we worked on projects & ate lunch- including Kristy's amazing artichoke dip (get the recipe here). I tell you what- It was so great to get out of the house!! I worked on cards & guess what I went up & down 4 stairs- I know, I know- Impressive. That therapy girl who made me learn stairs at the doctor's office, I guess she knew what she was doing.... Look what came in the mail!!!
Woo Hoo Fantastic Good Mail from Jill! Look how cute this package is-
And can you believe these cards? She is so for sure the GOOD MAIL QUEEN!
thank you jill- you have no idea how much you brightened my day :) Well I was feeling all adventurous & went with Brett to pick up my car- that's been in the shop- perfect timing to get some warrantied work done & guess what? I DROVE- then we went to Costco to get some milk... and guess what... they were out of those carts that drive around. Darn it- Brett offered to push me on a flat bed cart, that guy is always thinkin'. I declined. Instead I gimped around on crutches. My armpits will never be the same. When I got home, my foot was all swollen again- so ya, I over did it a little.

anyhow- it's been a good couple of days & I am feeling so much better.
today I had a little PTA meeting
I made dinner (with help)
I did some dishes
folded some clothes

real life it feels good

11 comments:

Janae said...

So glad you are doing better! I love that card:) seriously cute!

Karolynn said...

I am so glad to hear that you got out of the house. I love the package you got in the mail and the card is adorable. Don't over do it! I am happy that you are feeling a bit better!

Holly said...

Oh Patsy--I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle--and all that goes along with it. Glad you were able to get out and were treated to some special good mail.

Take care of your ankle (and arms)!

Unknown said...

"real life - it feels good."

this is a great motto!

now, don't overdo. you've got plenty of helping hands ;)

Kim Sue said...

If you have to be all laid up, you might as well enjoy the fruits of friendship! wow at the list of food that has come your way and love the goodies from the good mail queen.

p.s. thank you for my sweet birthday card that you made and sent me. so sweet of you to think about me!

wende said...

ethan LOVES riding the orange flat bed carts! it would've been more fun than you think!

i'm glad you're feeling better - and those cards are hillarious, what a cutie that jill is!

Holly said...

You need to have one of your crafty friend make you some arm pit pads! I am glad you are up and movin!

Kristy said...

I am glad that you got out some more yesterday!! I would have paid to watch Brett push you around in one of these flat bed carts....that would have been really funny!!!

Karrie said...

Watch Brett push you??? I want to push you around on the cart....how great would that be...We could take th corners sharp and see how many things we hit with it...let's go!

Jill said...

I'm glad my tape-explosion, nightmare wrap job of a package made it to you okay! Good grief, you'd think since I've had so much practice that I'd be good at wrapping things for the mail, but I'm still awful at it.

I pity your armpits. Maybe you should use maxipads stuck inside your shirt for extra padding with the bonus of great sweat absorption. Ha.

I'm so glad the blogger moms are such good friends to you!!

Becky said...

Oh Patsy! I really need to stop by your blog more often! I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle...I do have to tell you though that as I scrolled through and got caught up on your posts that I just kept smiling--I just love the way you write!

Plus, Jill's idea about the maxipads is crackin' me up!

I hope you get better soon...