Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SPT- inspiration

I'm really excited about this month's SPT!
lelly is so great at coming up with these- (one of my life goals- meet lelly in real life.) If you have never been to Amuse Bouche you really need to check it out. Anyhow- after a summer off really a shame I'm back to committing myself to SPT. You can totally see why when you see this month's themes:
tuesday, september 2 home decor/tabletop
tuesday, september 9 entertaining/parties
tuesday, september 16 arts and crafts
tuesday, september 23 in the kitchen
tuesday, september 30 personal growth

So- who inspires me in the home decor department
this gal is the GREATEST!
she has the best ideas & tutorials! I made this flag & decorated my porch after reading her & all from stuff I mostly already had- spiffed up a little. She's really friendly & fun to read- be prepared- go buy yourself a can of black spray paint then read on!
thanks for inspiring me joy
(if that's your real name?)
*do you SPT?
*I know, I know there's no picture of me... I'm working on it people!

14 comments:

Linda said...

I love your framed flag...I visit Joys of Home also. I love it when a blogger gives a tutorial to go along with an idea!

Hopefully I'll get my SPT done today sometime too. This month's themes are great.

Unknown said...

you know you turned me on to Joys of Home - the greatest!! i'm still waiting to hear what you were doing with those picture frames last week...

regarding your 30 for september - yeah, you ARE dorky that way, and i love ya for it!

can't wait to meet you, too!!

michelle said...

Ooh, exciting, a new recommended blog to check out! I love spray paint, it has amazing transformative powers. And your porch looks great! (I yearn for a porch.)

Sarah said...

Joys of Home is an amazing blog. I recently received an old window, and because of Joys of Home and now your blog I am going to put a flag in it. Your finished product is very cute.

Holly said...

I remember when you shared your finished project--it's beautiful. I will check out the Joys of Home blog--I need some creative inspiration--and some creative action.

You porch looks very welcoming!

Anonymous said...

Cute porch! I need to learn more about spray paint- so I am glad she has tutorials. The two things I sprayed don't look that great...it's spray paint! How hard can it be?!?!?

Jill said...

I haven't ever seen that blog before, but will have to check it out. Your porch looks so homey and inviting!

Lene said...

Oh no - another blog to add to the list. She really has some great ideas.

I love the flag in the window frame.

Rachael said...

I don't know where 'Joy' gets all these ideas and what she does with all of these things she makes. I love this flag too!

Janae said...

Great SPT:) I also love this photo with those darling flowers and the great flag you did:)

Jeanette said...

I love your porch. I really want to decorate mine. I'll have to check out this blog for some ideas.

MaryRC said...

Great Porch! Wish I had one! Someday I'll do the patio.. does Joy's of Home have patio ideas?

The Monkeys said...

Love the flag. I do love a good tutorial along with the amazing pictures.

Aranne and Dan said...

I love your porch. It looks so welcoming. I will have to check out that blog you mentioned. I am not good at getting into the pictures for the SPT either!