Tuesday, September 16, 2008

spt- because of a blogger arts & crafts

I can't even begin to tell you how inspired I am from so many of you bloggers!
Bloggers with great ideas who share them, of course,
KNOCK MY SOCKS OFF
I can't say that I've done many of these ideas........ good intentions be damned.
but now that I am sitting here on my rear end with nothing to do- I've got plenty of ideas to choose from. thanks blogosphere!
the first two ideas come from joys of home as soon as I can get my husband to go to the dollar store & Roberts crafts to pick up the supplies I'm going to do them. somehow having to send him to do this takes all the fun out of it- can you relate? Anyhow- how cute is this?

Just click on the photos for the unbelievably easy tutorial. A warning- since I've started reading joys of home I can't find a can of black spray paint at Roberts craft store. I'm sure they have them at home depot, but you know?

Another AMAZING inspiration is from Mique at 30 hand made days.If you've never been to this blog- STOP READING ME & GO THERE NOW she finds tutorials all over the net & puts them in one easy to find blog. So great.

I really want to make one of these... and the cute needle holder book Michelle tutorialed a while back.

so one of these days- I am going to take a picture of myself doing these things.but for now I continue-trying to wrap beautiful presents like Michelle-tying double ribbons around things like Kristi and trying to look on the bright side of life like all of you creative bloggers.

thanks for the inspiration- thanks for sharing

14 comments:

Unknown said...

i have had almost that exact black frame sitting around my house all summer, and i am so excited to do the "boo" or "eek" plaque.

i love that you are on an spt streak!! i totally understand what you mean about sending someone else to pick up your craft supplies!

Holly said...

Oh how I love those candle holders. I must make those today, well maybe tomorrow! I am so jealous of all the creative woman out there....it really is insipiring!

Linda said...

I've seen the "EEK" and "BOO" plaques all over these days and intend on visiting the dollar store myself today for some of those frames. I did make some wooden plaques that say SPOOKY that turned out pretty cute. It surprised me because I really not that crafty...even at copying!

I wish I lived close by...I'd make a Dollar Store/Roberts run for you!

Dacia said...

Love the little pumpkins on the candle holders. Who would have thought! So much creativity going around the blogging world!

wende said...

i love those candle holders. i am totally overwhelmed by how many good things there are to choose from out there. i am always so inspired by all the creativity going on everywhere. what would we do without blogging?!

ps i will push you around roberts to get you out of the house and so you can pick out your own supplies!

Karrie said...

I loved my Tuesday with Patsy...JK. I'm planning on Thursday and will call you to pick you up...you need a change of scenery

Jeanette said...

You just made me yell, "Cute!" out loud. I must copy these ideas!

Kristy said...

I have the supplies you requested....they will be delivered with another delivery in just a little while. I am home all day tomorrow so if you need me to come and get you and take you shopping I will.

Jill said...

This week's SPT topic has got me thinking about all the good ideas I've read about but haven't done anything with. I realized I need to write them down so I don't forget what they are and then I need to actually follow through with them.

Janae said...

Very fun stuff here! I would also love to help you with supplies:)

The Monkeys said...

The decoration are fabulous. I hadn't even thought of decorating for fall, yet, until I saw all those gorgeous ideas out there.

michelle said...

ooh, two new blogs I need to check out!

No, sending your husband to Roberts and the dollar store would not be nearly as satisfying as going there yourself. But I sure do love the transformative power of spray paint! btw Walmart has a pretty good selection.

Lene said...

I have just recently found 'joys of home' - Oh my goodness - so many cute ideas.

Alisa said...

Thanks for sharing such cute links! I am just getting ready to pull out my fall stuff and this will get me inspired!