Thursday, May 15, 2008

today

Today I went here to attend the state PTA convention. I am a council president next year. I am really excited about it. It is going to be a good year. Lucky for us... Governor Huntsman spoke then, the keynote speaker was my favorite-
Shannon Hale!!
She was great- she's a great speaker & such an amazing author.
Loved it. Really- if you haven't read one of her books- if you have a daughter 10+ you really should get one of her books for the summer. They are fabulous. We have them all.

I am happy to say (after yesterday's fiasco) that there is not smoke damage in the kitchen, it looks like the oven still works, but my house really stinks.
*do you know how to get smoke smell out of your house?

6 comments:

Kristy said...

I am glad you had fun....to bad you missed McCall she was darling!!

Amanda :-) said...

What a contrast to your 'boring' day yesterday! I'm glad you found a lot of inspiration and motivation from the speaker.

Smoke smells? Eek, I don't know. I suppose just air the house as much as possible? I imagine you might have to get certain curtains or soft furnishings dry cleaned or steam cleaned. I imagine the smoke could really cling on to those sorts of absorbent surfaces. Good luck with that.

Janae said...

Patsy~Patsy~ you have had some busy and wild days of late:) I loved "catching up" on your blog! It sounds like the ukulele program was a usual success! The Mother's Day weekend sounded very fun and relaxing:) (what more could a mom want?) The sand is wonderful!! I love the beach...it's my favorite:) a chore chart...a definite must for summer:) The FIRE!! Scary! I too am now afraid to use my self-clean oven. How about the pre-cooked bacon stuff instead?? I highly recommend:) Shannon Hale is amazing. Such a talented author. I would of loved to have heard her speak. The smoke smell...I don't know...have you Google d that? sorry for the very long comment!

Karrie said...

Hey Just wanted to say I had a great day in Provo with you and I'm looking for your next blog entry

wende said...

i'm sad i missed it! i love shannon hale and i love her books, i bet she was GREAT. council president huh? what is that anyway?

Jill said...

We arrived at the convention while Shannon was speaking so we didn't get to hear any of her talk, even though we were standing right outside the ballroom where she spoke. Bummer.