Sunday, May 11, 2008

mother's day weekend

Yesterday we drove down to Cedar City to my new son in laws parent's wonderful home for an open house. Tony's mom & dad are so great! They had a lovely open house for megan & tony. It was so nice. The happy couple got more great gifts to go in the basement until they return from their 12 week internship in the south. It was a great chance for us to get away after a couple of really busy weeks. I am sad to say that this is the only picture brett took- I took none. I am pictured out, totally sick of taking & being in pictures. It's true.
Now I have none to document our fun weekend.
Dang it.
Oh well, here is a run down of the great time we had.
*As we were getting ready to leave the missionary called- we planned on calling him from my parents house in but he called a day early. We were late getting on the road, but who cares...my missionary called from Chile!!!!! It was the first of only 3 phone calls we will get in the next 1 1/2 years until we go down to pick him up. He is great, loving missionary work, missing American chocolate (not for long), told me he cried when he found out about the wedding (sniff, sniff), but is happy & busy. He is especially hoping to get sent down to the volcano area when it calms down to help with the clean up. What an adventure that would be!! It was GREAT to talk to him. I love him & miss him but I am so happy that he is happy & I can't wait to get a package off to him this week.
*driving in the car with only 4 kids & a dog.
*stopping at DQ where everyone got to pick any one thing on the menu they wanted! Fun - just in case you are wondering...
jack- watermelon freeze float
hailey- georgia mud fudge blizzard
chloe- brownie sundae
trent- onion rings & rootbeer- Okay he got two things - spoiled.
*trent peeing on the side of the road & jack trying to talk him into walking up a little hill so everyone driving by could see. Trent didn't fall for it but brett did take a cute photo of his backside- I'm not including it even though it is funny.
*visiting with megan & tony's family & friends at the open house, then watching them open more great gifts! I'm telling you, they have a great thing going!
*Mother's day dinner with my mom & dad saturday night. Brett took us out for my mother's day present. It was super fun & the most delicious mexican food.
*grandma & grandpa taking us swimming even though it was late at their pool.
*brett set up our present for mom. A sweet little humming bird feeder. she is going to love watching the birds out her dining room window.
*sleeping in & then taking a nap on mother's day- nice- thanks mom
*grandma teaching the girls & I how to make the most delicious artisan bread. I can't wait to make some & put it on the cooking blog.
*driving home & stopping at Brittany's. Brett roughhoused with the dog then when we got back on the road he threw up on his blanket. Jack & hailey just about had heart attacks- such babies. Poor max had been in the car just a little too long this weekend.
*coming home- I love being home!
Thanks for the great weekend mom & dad!
Happy Mother's Day

5 comments:

Karrie said...

Great weekend..I'm glad the Missionary phone call worked out well for the trip...too funny that Max barfed in the car...I love it!

wende said...

so great to talk to your missionary! i'm so glad he's doing well, i could've guess that though, he's such a great kid!

hailey, i order george mud fudge blizzard EVERY time i go to DQ! i'm so glad to know that between the two of us, they'll not take it off the menu! so funny.

i have had megan and tony's gift in the back of my car for days! i'm so lame - i just need to drop it off to you! maybe tomorrow...

happy mother's day patsy!

Jill said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend. How great to talk to Brian, hear his voice and know he's doing well. What a blessing.

Where are Megan and Tony going to live when they return from their internship? Will it be able to hold all their gifts?

PaD said...

Tell Hailey I cooked a loaf of the bread she mixed up this morning and it is fantastic.

Kristy said...

I am glad all the wedding stuff is over for you! How exciting to talk to Brian....I am glad he is doing good! Happy Mother's Day!