Thursday, May 29, 2008

6th grade celebration

Today was chloe's sixth grade graduation!
It's really a celebration of making it this far & now moving on to the pit of evil- oops I mean jr. high. (actually I really like our jr. high- just not all the hormones swimming around in there)
Anyhow, it was her last official program in elementary- dang it! I happen to know from experience that the next 6 years will go pretty darn fast.
It was kind of a tear jerker type program. Lots of cute video & pictures of them all as babies, singing & funny skits. Oh my they grow up so fast. It's so hard to believe she is 1/2 way done with school!!??
We were pretty thrilled that chloe's cousin brittany came- we just love brittany. You know it's a really special occasion around here when Brittany comes.Chloe's teacher is the BEST EVER & actually won the Huntsman teacher of the year award 2 years ago. She is over the top AMAZING!These posters - wow! Wende the photographer took everyone's picture- they are fantastic. Wende is such an amazing photographer & so willing to share her talents- thanks wende!
Here's chloe & bunch of friends after the festivities. Later in the day they were having a big party & dance.... wo. Chloe assured me it was only group dances that they learned- she was NOt about to dance with one of the boys- no way.
I know this video is a little long, but darn it I wish I wish I could have posted the whole program! It was only an hour.... it was just so darling!
Chloe's favorite things about sixth grade-
1. her teacher
2. all the treats they get
3. science was so fun
4. being the oldest in the school
5. everything!

9 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I cannot believe Chloe is going to be in jr. high... I miss being able to attend the special events with your family, but I am just grateful for all the times that I did get to go:) I'm sure I'll find my way back to Utah someday~

Kristy said...

Fun day! I will have one next year if he makes it through 6th grade! I cry at all the kids stuff......I embarrass my kids all the time! I am such a baby!

Brit said...

Thanks so much again for inviting me! I had such a fun time! It really was a cute program!!

Karrie said...

This brings back great memories of when Micah and Hailey had thier graduation. Has it really been two years??? I Love 6th Grade and Mrs. Wright!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Chloe isn't in elementary school anymore. I don't like it. They had such a cute program! I wish I could've been there. The picture Wende took of Chloe is darling! You look great in all of these pictures too! Love you.--Megan Gibson :)

Johnna said...

That was so cute. Way to go Chloe!

Love you all....

Johnna

Stacie said...

Wow! I forget Chloe started Kindergarten the year before Maddie did (Maddie is a November birthday). Maddie actually starts Middle School (here they don't call it Jr. High) this fall because 6th grade through 8th grade is in middle school!! So I am right with you scared to death of the next 3 years!! I still can't believe I have a middle schooler!

Chloe has grown up so much! She is darling!

michelle said...

It sounds like your elementary school is wonderful. And I totally know what you're saying about them moving on to junior high! (sniff)

Janae said...

I can't believe they are headed to the jr. high....I am still in denile for now. Great photos:)