Tuesday, May 6, 2008

the day after

I have to be honest. The day after the wedding I was pretty wiped out. I couldn't sleep. I stayed up & visited with my sister, which I loved. I was runnin' on pure adrenalin for sure. It also happened to be Jack's last rugby game of the season sniff, sniff. I am so sad-not.

You gotta love this kid's hair.

There was a BBQ after. There was so much food!
Enough to feed a whole rugby team & their parents.
Not to worry rugby fans- the championships start on saturday- ugh.

Saturday night I left my family & in laws at home, and went to the Bloggapalooza party 08!
What a thrill- seriously!

Besides these cute cupcakes- I got the awesome opportunity to meet some of my favorite bloggers ever....

Like Michelle- isn't she gorgeous!
Her blog is one of my fav's.

And the darling tip junkie- all the way from Texas!
where does she come up with all her great tips?

KRISTI- my oh my this was like better than meeting a celebrity!
For real!! She is amazing- she is beautiful. Her love for people is so evident, she is charming & so fun- why can't she be my neighbor?!
Then of course the amazing miss Jill.
No one inspires bloggers like Jill. I have been lucky enough to meet her for lunch one day last fall. I was so excited for my blogger mom friends to meet her too.
She is one of the most thoughtful, intuitive women I have ever met.
I really think she should be my other neighbor.
(I already have the world's best neighbors- I'm just a little selfish- deal with it)
We had so much fun- the blogger moms & me. It was really fun to get away with friends even though we got home late.
Getting home things went down hill from there. You know when I'm not blogging things are pretty bad. so... maybe if I get the guts or strength I'll tell that true tale tomorrow.
*have you ever met someone so great - better than a celebrity?
*do you ever get so wiped out after a lot of big event that you get sick?

7 comments:

Karrie said...

Brett was so cute to call and update me today...tell him thanks! Also call me and tell me what I can do for you.

Kristy said...

I am glad you are doing better even though it doesn't say this in your post. Saturday night was a ton of fun!! Lucky you that at least one sport is over I can't wait for ours to end!

Jill said...

You were so great to come to the blog party the day after the wedding and while you still had company at your house. You looked fabulous and didn't seem tired at all.

I'm so sorry if you're sick now. I'm sure all the work and pressure leading up to the wedding was enough to wipe the whole family out. I hope you're okay.

michelle said...

It seems that so often our bodies crash when we finally allow them to let down after a big event. I'm sorry to hear that was the case for you!

It was so great to meet you in person, and I can't believe you said such complimentary things about me -- you can be my neighbor any day!

Janae said...

What a great blog party we got to go to:) I am glad your sport is over for now. And, glad you are feeling better:)

wende said...

meeting the other bloggers was definitely better than a celebrity sighting! i'm sorry you were sick, but jill is right, no one would've guessed it - you look so great!

i'm glad you're feeling better, you had us a little worried there girl!

Holly said...

I am so happy to hear (and see pictures) about your outing to the Blog Party. Even though I'm sure after all The Wedding Things you may have just wanted to curl up in a ball and hide, but good for you for getting some Girl Time in.

Pretty, pretty pictures. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all.