Sunday, May 18, 2008

life catch up

It's been a busy weekend. I wanted to do a little update on what's been happening in my life.
(karrie & I ran into Wende's brother- funny huh?)
Friday I went to my second day at the PTA convention at BYU. Man, I love that campus... anyhow, blogger mom Karrie came with me. I was so thrilled she let me drag her along. We went to a class, looked around, picked up some important information for next year
then went to lunch at ZUpas!
All I can say is-- why, why isn't there a ZUpa's near my house??
The food is delicious & healthy.
It was so fun to go with Karrie & get the chance to talk & get to know her better. She is amazing, she has a great family & she's a fantastic tennis player.
Saturday I took Trent to karate, ran errands & yep- cleaned the painted floor. It's an all day project. Only because I hate it so bad that I have to do a little- take a break & do something else, like laundry- then go back & scrub a little more-- yada yada yada. I got it done! woo hoo. Brett & I went to dinner with blogger mom Wende & her husband rich- really cool guy.
Brett took Hailey to her two lacrosse games- me being mother of the year, didn't go. I feel terrible that I haven't been to one game yet. Someone has to get other people other places- it's just been me lately. Besides, it was really hot- like HOt. I can't do HOT. Seriously, I just about die in slow painful misery when it's too hot- which for me is anywhere about 85 degrees. Maybe it's my Northwest upbringing, but I hate hot.

Today was another missionary farewell. Out of the missionary's closest six friends three are left still at home waiting for their 19th birthdays. These farewell's are fantastic- but the homecomings are going to be even better!!

This is Cory (corn chip)- going to Guatemala in July- Ryan (rye bread) who has to get his wisdom teeth pulled & the doctor's okay before he puts his papers in - and Spencer he's the one who is leaving in two weeks for Leeds, England. I am so excited for him- he is a wonderful young man & will make a fabulous missionary!

Tonight Brett put the kids up to testing the smoke alarm in the family room. This of course, put Trent into a tizzy deluxe.

Jack of course, was willing to do whatever he needed to help. It of course went off immediately?? What- I swear the house was FULL of smoke last week. Don't you hate it when you tell your husband something- like the house was full of smoke & the alarms didn't go off- then when he tests it they do??? I know he thinks I was exaggerating.
This is going to be a really busy week around here. Only 9 more days of school.
Oh my, you know what the good book says...
if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.
I'm not prepared. I guess that explains my fear.
I will be though!!!
I'm gonna start working on it right away, starting with my attitude. Actually, it's gonna be a great summer!

6 comments:

michelle said...

How fun to take the classes at BYU! I too love that campus. I ws so sad that I missed Women's Conference this year. It was the first year, of not going in quite a few. Next year I will be there enjoying BYU's campus again.

My kiddos get out of school Thursday! Summer will officially begin! I can't wait!

I talked to my Mother in Law in Salt Lake this morning. She too said it was getting hot! Stay cool, and have a wonderful Sabbath! :)

Karrie said...

I can't believe the smoke alarm worked...I hate that too...I always tell Troy about things that don't work and when he goes to fix it of course it is just fine..grrrr!

Janae said...

OK this happens to me too! Is it some kind of strange injustice in the universe? Just yesterday I was trying to show Doug how my hair dryer is broken and won't go on hot and high...well it does when he's in the room! ugh! I guess we really just need to be glad the detectors are working but, still.

wende said...

ok, it's official, my blog, karrie's blog and now yours...brandon is a celebrity! people tell me all the time that they see him around everywhere. too funny.

dinner was so great, why didn't we get a photo? maybe because i took over 300 that afternoon? we should defintely do it again, maybe all the blogger moms need to get the blogger dads together?

and i HATE it when the husband is right or it works just because they're standing there! if i'm having computer trouble, all i have to say is, rich come stand over here so my machine will work, and you know what? it usually does! ahhh!

Jill said...

I can't believe your smoke detectors didn't go off during the bacon grease incident. Ours go off so easily it's annoying.

This picture of Brett and Jack and the fire is hilarious.

michelle said...

Honey, if going to a PTA convention is a getaway for you, you really need to get out more! That sounds like a little bit of torture to me -- but that's just me...

I think it's perfectly adorable that you're documenting your son's friends preparing for their mission departures as well.