Tuesday, May 13, 2008

spt- something old is new again!

For mothers day I got the best ever present from my four remaining at home kids. Wow that sounded weird. Anyhow, with what was probably a little push from their dad- they presented me with something old--- that's new again.
A CHORE CHART ALL FILLED OUT
I can't believe it & I absolutely love it!!
When they were younger most of the time & always during the summer- we have had some kind of chore chart. It is usually something I make up & they reluctantly do or don't do, blah blah- you know how it is. But- not this time. They divided the categories up themselves chose their names & week days to get things done & wa la!! Guess what, they've even done most of them with out too much nagging in the first two days. I hope it lasts... either way it was a very nice gesture & one of the best ever Mother's day gifts I think I have ever been given.
So I am back doing my weekly SPT- hopefully for good!
thanks lelly

13 comments:

Melanie said...

I love it! A chore chart is definitely something my kids will get to know really well as they grow older

Holly said...

WOWza! That's a wonderful something new. Maybe since they each chose the chores they were most willing to do they will do them.

It's a very thoughtful gesture.

Jeanette said...

That is the best gift ever! If only my kids had come up with it. Lucky you!

Dacia said...

How awesome is that! I need to get my kids chore chart up too. I've had the chore list sitting on my desk for 2 weeks now and I need to make the chart!

Chris said...

Fabulous!! That is the best gift ever. I need one of those.

Kristy said...

What a great gift!!!! I wish my kids would do something like that instead of fighting about who does what!

Anonymous said...

Wow- that is awesome! My mom would have loved it if we did that growing up. What a great gift.

I haven't even visited the chore chart idea yet- do you think 3.5 is too young to start?

michelle said...

That has got to be the best Mother's Day gift!!

Stacie said...

What a awesome husband! That took some thought (which a lot of men have trouble with!) I might have to copy the layout for my own chore chart!!

Becky said...

What a great gift!

OK--I just spent like the last 10 minutes getting caught up on your blog and wish I could comment on each and every post but I'm gonna be late picking my son up from school.

Suffice it to say, I just love reading your blog Patsy--you always make me smile :)

Unknown said...

yay! patsy did an spt! i've missed you around here :)

Bren's Life said...

Can you tell me how you get your kids to do their chores everyday without complaining & throwing fits?
Great Mother's Day gift

Jill said...

What an awesome gift! Plus it's even more rewarding because this shows you've taught them well.