Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Trent's Finally A Cub Scout!


When the doctor told me trent was a boy- the first thought that popped into my head was ~ Cub Scouts~ sigh. Not that cub scouts is bad it's a great thing... if you're an 8-11 year old boy. When Brian & Jack were cubs there were 33 boys in our pack. Brett was the cub master. It was a lot of work. Just think of all those cars at the pinewood derby, the blue & gold banquets, etc. It was so great for the boys & they loved every second of it. I think they asked me to lead the boys in an absolutely ridiculous pack song every pack meeting, gee... I miss that- not. If you could bottle that energy & enthusiasm & sell it you would be a millionaire. It would be illegal for sure. Anything that powerful should not be given to the general public. I really am excited for Trent. He has been wearing Brian or Jack's old shirts every chance he could since he was three-the only thing he would wear for Halloween one year. Having a Dad so involved in scouts and for so long, trent has wanted nothing more that to actually be a member. It's a great program- boys are sometimes hard for this mom to understand, having only one brother with an eight year age difference. But, they are so much fun. Once a very wise friend told me that it is their adventurous nature & enthusiasm for life that make it possible for boys to grow up & become men~ with the overwhelming responsibility of being a provider, husband & father. So for now our baby has grown into a cub scout. I will let you know how the pinewood derby turns out. Isn't he cute?!

1 comment:

Beth said...

He is too cute! I am so proud he is letting you take pictures of him... he must be working on the scout motto already...

"a scout is courageous"

I love it!!!! We are so proud of you Trent!!