Wednesday, August 8, 2007

A Big Part Of My Life~ Ballet Driver











I have decided to document some of the things I do. This is a journal-scrapbook- whatever. So, I am starting the first of many "A big part of my life..." posts. They of course will link together so in the future I will be able to look back &... I don't know. Anyhow, ballet is really a big part of chloe's life. I am just the driver & sometimes chaperon. Chloe has been dancing since preschool & it is truly her favorite thing. She always wants to dance, ballet that is- although she is a pretty good disco dancer (megan has video). Classes run from August to June so we just started up after a July break. This year chloe is pre-pointe which means next year she will move on to pointe which is a huge deal in ballet. She attends classes two towns away 15-20 minutes in traffic, three days a week for an hour & 15 minutes. This is a big move up from the two day 45 minute lesson last year. Luckily she has two friends close by who are also in her class so I only drive one day a week. Every year her company puts on the Nutcracker. It is by audition & you have to be eight. Chloe has been very fortunate to be in the show since she has been eligible. She has been a cupcake, cookie, & angel. It is a huge time commitment with practices (besides her regular class) not to mention dress rehearsals, selling tickets, chaperoning & the week of the show-gruelling last year-angel hair is a lot of work. This girl LOVES every second of it. She's good too. I enjoy it~it's really fun to watch her perform & be so in committed to something. I think it's great!
Do you drive a carpool? Have kids who dance or play sports?

No comments: