Friday, August 17, 2007

Children's Book Review


I LOVE THESE BOOKS! I saw the top one How To Behave & Why by Munro Leaf in an upscale children's store then went home & looked it up on Amazon. I was thrilled that there are three more. The only one I didn't buy was Reading Is Fun. (I am really regretting that I didn't get that one too)

Maybe some of you will recognize these books. I read they were popular years back & have been reintroduced just recently. I bought all three from Barnes & Noble online (I have a member's card) they were $32 including shipping. Great Deal!

Last night Trent & I read How To Behave & Why just before bed. He was mesmerized. The language is frank & honest yet light & delightful. The drawings of little stick people are charming & at one point Trent pointed at one of the drawings & said- hey that's me. The first page starts out..."This is really a book about how to have the most fun in living, and it doesn't matter whether you are a boy or a girl, a man or a woman - the rules are all the same." It goes on and lists four rules "I have to be HONEST, FAIR, STRONG, & WISE." Then explains each word and how they help you to truly behave and be happy.

I know we will be reading these for years to come, even to our grand kids. Check them out for the children in your life, you will be glad you did.

1 comment:

wende said...

Patsy, I have to say that I just barely looked at this the other day at Anthropologie of all places, and I LOVED them so much I ordered them from Amazon! We are sometimes on such a close brain wave that it scares me! :)
Wende