Monday, August 27, 2007

Today

Trent & Mom taken by Trent
Today I needed to drive ballet & after the last week's happenings I decided I would take Trent with me. It is a big undertaking since it is a ways away & I wait the hour & 1/2 for the class to get over instead of driving home & back. Having Trent in the car for that long in 95 degree heat-yes it's hot again- is not an option so we had some mom & trent time at the Mcdonald's play land.
He talked to chloe & the ballet girls the whole way about how brave he was & how he was going to go on the new ride at Lagoon called Wicked. Then he mentioned how he was once in a building that blew up- but don't worry he "survived it."
When we got to the play land he asked me which way he should go first to play. I immediately said to the top! Trent- I'm not going up there it's too scary. So much for bravery.

When we got there we were alone. He was thrilled when three brothers showed up. He introduced himself & asked if they wanted to be his friends. It was really cute & they played just fine- then Trent tried to get their addresses & invited them for a sleep over. (we don't even allow sleep overs) the kids were just a little bewildered. I love how kids are so friendly & uninhibited. He really wanted them at least to come over & play I tried to explain social rules & how we don't really know them etc. He just cracks me up.


No comments: