Friday, August 3, 2007

Trent's Birthday!

BOWLING

THE CAKE!

OPENING PRESENTS

WHAT A GUY

A PRESENT FROM HIS PRIMARY TEACHER-HOW COOL!

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRENTON*
What a day!Trent's eighth birthday. In our church turning eight is very special because eight is what we call the age of accountability-when children can be baptized. Trent will be baptized next month if he chooses. I will post more about that later.

Tonight we had his birthday dinner-pepperoni pizza & rootbeer-I threw in some veggies & dip for good measure. Then the much anticipated Baskin & Robbins cake. This summer we have gone to Baskin & Robbins 3 or 4 times & each time trent runs to the cake book.The ONLY thing he asked for this year was a "Cars" cake from Baskin & Robbins.I think it is the first cake I have ever ordered. I love making kids cakes- check out some easy designs here.Plus, I am cheap I guess. That little cake was almost $40.00! What a rip off. I kept telling him -if you let mom make you a cake you will get better presents-he would have nothing of it.When the ice cream lady asked what flavor ice cream he wanted he said cookies & cream. I cringed... you can get that flavor any time I told him- why don't you try something more special like baseball nut, etc. NO WAY - cookies & cream it was! I have to admit- it was sooo good & he loved it so that's what matters. After dinner, cake, opening presents, etc. we went bowling- trent's favorite.


It's been a good day~but the first year trent hasn't had a friends party so I kind of feel like a loser mom.Last year he had about 14 kids (a "construction"party-so fun). Somehow it just didn't seem right this year, he has such a difficult time in large groups. I am realizing that sometimes I over do it & in the process I gain nothing & no one really cares but me. So I guess you can say for my 40th year my theme is SIMPLIFY & ENJOY. A cute little red head turning 8~ what's better than that?!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Trent!!

We love this guy, he is so funny!
He is so confident... I learn so much from him about life, that I take for granted.

I love his hugs!! (they are the best when he is willing to share one with you, feel special)

We love his Mom and Dad for taking such good care of our nephew and being wonderful loving parents to him! Your awesome too!!!!

PaD said...

What a special birthday party Trenton had. I wish we could have been there. Love you Trenton Grandma D