Friday, August 31, 2007

It's Hot - And I'm Mad

Today was Trent's day to celebrate his summer birthday at school. Just before school got out (it was an early day) I went in with juice boxes for him to hand out to classmates. It was SO HOT in his classroom. The poor teachers & kids. I think this is the hottest year that we have been here- and guess what? There is NO air conditioning in UT schools unless you're a year round school or new (that means jr high & H.S. too). Yes, you read me right- no air conditioning. It was a whopping 89 degrees in his class. The poor teacher a 26 year veteran, had a cold compress around her neck. There is a portable swamp cooler & fans (that she paid for with her OWN money)...but yes it's 89 degrees. His teacher told me that a boy in the class had heat exhaustion threw up & had to go home early. I am so MAD. It would be cruel & unusual punishment for prisoners to go without air conditioning~ but teachers & kids- who cares?! Well I do & I am writing to the school board & my legislators today. If you are interested here are some email addresses for you. Just for your information the computer rooms, offices & administrative office have AC- you see they are open year round- YA Right
The Senate-
Sheldon Killpack skillpack@utahsenate.org
Gregory S. Bell gbell@utahsenate.org
The House-
Brad L Dee bdee@utah.gov
Paul Ray pray@utah.gov
Curtis Oda coda@utah.go
Douglas C Aafard daagard@utah.gov
Kevin Garn kgarn@utah.gov
Julie Fisher jfisher@utah.gov
Sheryl L Allen sherylallen@utah.gov
Paul Neuenschwander pauln@utah.gov
If you would like a copy of the letter I sent post here & I will email it to you!
Obviously I am not running a political blog here & on a lighter note have you seen these...?
I have & I love them.

I love this picture of trent- who looks like he is cherishing this candy bar. By-the-way, they are really good. Truthfully he almost never eats candy, would much rather have an apple. He does love cookies though.

1 comment:

Johnna said...

He probably gets that from his aunt johnna who has a hard time saying no to almost any cookie...

If I were from Utah I would be writing......

Thanks for writing, loved the info and the pictures of the football game.

Have a great day! Love you all Johnna