Sunday, August 5, 2007

So Grateful For My Faith & Family

Brian & friends at graduation June 07


Jack & Friends at his birthday BBQ in March
(These boys are so great for Mother's day jack go them together & painted the deck for me this year-is that amazing or what?Of course I ordered them pizza & bought tons of soda)

Today I am feeling so overwhelmed with sadness for the family who lost their son yesterday in a drowning accident at Bear Lake. I can't even imagine losing anyone in my family in such a tragic way especially not one of my sons around the same age.
I couldn't sleep very well last night- just found myself praying for the family & the boys who were swimming with him at the time. Those are good kids & a good family. Even though we are just acquaintances ~I know that.
It's times like this that make me grateful for my faith & family.I am grateful to know of a Father in Heaven who loves us all & has a plan for each & every one of us. It is my knowledge of Jesus Christ- His sacrifice that overwhelms me with gratitude. I don't know the family well- certainly don't know God's detailed plan for them or my own family, but I do know they must be feeling so much grief & shock. I am thankful for my boys. For all my children. I love them, glad they are here with me today.

No comments: