Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Scooter...Scared To Death!

Today was a very exciting day for Trent. He finally had enough money for the new scooter he has wanted to buy! He really wanted a scooter & believe you me we have had many scooters, at least 3-4 or more over the years that are now lost, have been broken etc. Well, he got some money from his aunt keri in a birthday card & that put him close enough that I decided to spring for the rest of it. We went to the neighborhood target to buy one & there in that scooter section were three older boys from our ward. 12, 10 & 10. They were so nice & helped trent pick out his scooter told him which ones were cool, very cute.
As you can see we barely got out of the store when we opened it & off we went home. On the way home we talked about stranger danger, wearing a helmet... etc. Well, there was one thing I didn't think of.
I had a meeting with the principal this afternoon- I am the community council president & had to set the agenda up for next week- when I came home Hailey said trent was at the neighbors. I called, not there- the neighbor kids we saw earlier had invited him & the boy he was playing with to be in a "scooter club." Well, they weren't on our street. I called all their homes they were no where. I started to panic a little. It's okay, it's okay... I got in my car & drove all over looking for them. No where. Then I called one of the boy's grandmothers who lives in the ward & she said they had been there. Now I was mad- that was a couple blocks away & near a busy street. She didn't know where they were now- but her son had heard them talking about home depot. Are you kidding me?! I was in a major panic & called the other mom. We all started looking. I picked up Jack & we went to the grocery store, not there. Next, Brian called- he just got home from work- so I sent him to drive the neighborhood. My neighbor looked at the park & elementary school. Jack & I headed to target- he took one end of the store I took the other. NO WHERE! As we were running out Jack saw them scootering out of the home depot parking lot. Jack ran over with me close behind him & BOY DID I LET THEM HAVE IT! (I have to say that I didn't swear-amazing). Trent started bawling as soon as he saw me, he knew he shouldn't be there but what's a barely 8 year old to do? The thrill of being with the big boys WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER, a "scooter club", it was all so, so, so... he said later he knew he should go home but he was far away & scared! I'm telling you I was furious!!
The scooter is put up- the parents have all been contacted-almost brett is calling one tonight. Trent is busted- I am a nervous wreck- hard day- so glad we found them.

3 comments:

Johnna said...

I am glad that you are safe Trent. We love you! Your mom may need a few extra hugs this week!

Love you,

Aunt Johnna

Beth said...

What a day! We are really glad everyone is safe too!

Keep breathing Mom!!

We love you guys!!

Aunt Beth

Anonymous said...

Hey, you sweet thang!

Trent is the luckiest boy in the world to have you as his mom. I am the luckiest guy in the world to have you as my wife!