Thursday, June 19, 2008

a year in the life

This is a very exciting & important post for me!

It's here- it's official- my one year blogging anniversary. I started blogging June 19, 2007 & here we are a year later. I am so excited that I have documented this past year. This has been an amazing experience for me. I have learned a lot about myself, my friends, & my family.
{I've learned I wear sunglasses a lot & I have NO lips- it's almost embarrassing how many photos are like this one}

About myself- I'm more negative than i thought. Blogging has helped me to focus on the positive. I have found that I struggle with my personal thoughts at times. I rarely include the negative things happening in my life on my blog- I'm not sure it's the right thing to do or not, but it is what it is. I guess I'm not ready to publicly share anything more. Blogging the good times has been a reminder that I am blessed with just that- mostly good times!

{megan & brian}

It's been a year of change, accomplishment, & celebrations. You know when your kids are little & you think they'll never grow up? Mine have done just that- grown up. At least the two oldest. The guinea pigs I like to call them. What a great year to start blogging! I am glad they have made the choices they have to be in the places they are today. I love them both so much. I love all my children, but even better- I like them -I really do. I believe that I am first my child's parent, if they want to be friends when they grow up that's really their choice. You can't force friendship, not even with your child. I am thrilled that besides being my children they have chosen to be my friend. I really miss these two- more than words can say.
(if you want to see posts on the wedding or the missionary click on the link below)

Blogging has made me aware that I have a lot of friends. I have more friends now than probably ever in my life. When I was young I had tons of friends. I was one of those annoying over involved youths- but that seems a world away. As a young mother we moved a lot. It was hard to make friends, then move away. Having a large family there just wasn't time when my kids were younger- to invest in many friendships. My marriage & kids were my priority. I have more now- time & friends. I love all of you for so many reasons. You know who you are. Thank you for being so great to me - always.

{beth, jake & jim my brother}

Blogging has taught me that my family is interested in our lives. I always knew they were- but we live so far away from them all that it's impossible to share the day to day happenings. Or it was. I love what blogging has done for my extended family. I feel like they now know me, love me, support me & my husband & kids. WOW did you read that? This is huge. I in turn have learned so much about them- especially the ones that blog. I love you guys!

happy blogging anniversary to me!

I love the lessons I have learned from blogging. Thank you all you commenter's for encouraging me in so many ways. You have no idea how many times a day I check for a comment- comments you make my day. Now when I get back from camp... I'm going to publish this baby (more to come on that.)

11 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Love this post... I am so glad that you started blogging, I have loved the glimpses into what your day to day life is like~

Johnna said...

Ditto! I won't tell you how many times a day I check to see what is new with you guys as that would tell you how boring my life is. I love to read your blog. I even share it with my co-workers when I am hysterically laughing about something. They all agree that you have an amazing family and they have an amazing mom.....

Jill said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary Patsy!! This is a great post to mark your anniversary. I love that blogging has helped you realize all of these things, and what a blessing to have this monumental year in your family's life documented this way!

Have fun at girl's camp!

Kristy said...

Congrats on one year!!! I hope I make it to my one year in November(You and Wende were my inspiration)!!

I am so glad that we have become friends.....I cannot even tell you how much all 4 of you have blessed my life and came in a time that I really needed some good friends!!!!

Love ya!!!

PaD said...

Congratulations on you 1 yr anniversary. I have loved your blog. Fay and I have to read all your funny messer stories. She loves them too. I can't wait to hear about your publishing and how it turns out. Love ya!!! Mom

PaD said...

That should be your 1 yr anniversary. Fay and I read instead of have to read. I'll learn one of these days to proof read. Mom

Stacie said...

What a touching post! I loved it! Blogging has been so great to keep in touch with everyone! It is too hard to call everyone and sometimes you are too far away to see everyone. I am so glad Wende convinced me and encouraged me to start my blog! Now I have started a bunch of my family! What a great thing blogging has been to all of us (friends and family)! :)

Holly said...

Happy Blogiversary Patsy! Great way to look back over your year of blogging and what it means to you--very insightful.

Beth said...

Happy Blogiversary!!

Quite a milestone, and I am so proud and have benifitted so much from reading your blog and sharing and loving and crying and laughing with you through it!

I am so grateful that you have helped bring me into the blogosphere as well... what a great blessing in my life too!!

Thank you and congratulations!

Can't wait to see yours bound!!

wende said...

patsy, i'm so proud of you! did you know i only started my blog a couple of DAYS before you? i've known all this time that we both started in june but had no idea it was that close! too funny! i have been working on my one year post, it's saved as a draft just like everything in my life right now!

i'm so excited for this blogging journey of self discovery that you've been on. i hope you've also discovered what a great mother and friend you ARE to the rest of us too. blogging is a blessing!

Karrie said...

I loved this post...you, Wende, Kristy and Janae were my inspriation to blog. I'm so glad for all of you and enjoy all the time we spend together....I Love You! Happy 1 year anniversary