Monday, June 16, 2008

cowboy road trip

For the past couple of summers the boys have really looked forward to going on a trip up to their Grandparents home in Cody, Wyoming. This is Jack's first year going without Brian. I'm sure he can handle it.
Trips to Cody have been the adventure of a life time for them both- trail riding with Grandpa, the rodeo, white water rafting, shootin' fireworks & guns- oh boy heaven help me- lots of boy fun. I have to keep reminding my self, Brett grew up doing all these things & he's fine...

So far Seth here has gone up every year too. Seth is just plain family around here.
Well, I sent them off with a credit card for gas..., pringles, soda, some candy bars, & a downloaded mapquest map.
These adventures are what makes boys into men.
I just hope they're okay- what can I say... i'm the mom.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

It is hard to send off your kids! I just sent 2 of them off this morning....Kyle for the first time! :(. The boys will have a ton of fun!

Karrie said...

Wow...can I have your credit card for gas too? JK I sent off my 2 little ones to have a 2 day sleep over at Nana's house. I'm ready to P-A-R-T-Y!!! see you tomorrow!

Janae said...

They are going to have some fun:) you are a good mom...it's so hard to let them go but, we have to...I am trying to learn this.

Unknown said...

oh, gosh, i remember reading about the cowboy outing last year. what a great time for the boys!!

Jill said...

I remember you posting about their trip last year, wow. What a great adventure for them.