Monday, June 2, 2008

dad's birthday- megan & tony this one's for you

Megan & Tony we missed you at dad's birthday dinner tonight!
We BBQ'd hamburgers & hot dogs. We had dad's favorite three bean salad, potato salad, & cake from the recipe you gave me. It turned out great!
Trent gave dad a very special gift.
A new screw driver that he promises not to touch!! I hope it lasts.
It's been years since dad has been able to find one. This one is really spiffy. It has a changeable head that's magnetic- fancy.
The girl's gave him a cold stone gift certificate- they are planning on going with him to get ice cream soon- it was just so dang thoughtful of them!

Jack picked out his present with no help from mom- and it's a good one.
A solar shower for the next time they go camping- nice, I know. I have already warned dad not to shower naked. Jack says he already knew that...

Grandma & Grandpa are here along with cousins so we had a full blown party goin' on!
We miss you both!!



Love you guys~
Mom

5 comments:

Kristy said...

We should build Brett a shower stall like ours for camping...you can even shower naked if you want to!!! We have a heated shower for the princess in our family that will not camp without one! Kelly built a redwood platform to stand on and then built a stall out of pvc pipes and I put a couple of shower curtains around it and it works great! Happy Birthday Brett!!

Janae said...

Happy b-day Brett! That cake looks way yummy:) I loved all the gifts he was given...especially the cold stone..what thoughtful girls, that is one I would give somebody too:)

Unknown said...

happy birthday, brett!

Jill said...

The cake looks great! Good times.

michelle said...

I love seeing what kids pick out for gifts! I wish I had a piece of that cake right now...