Sunday, June 15, 2008

father's day 2008

father's day 08'
It's been a great day.

This morning I woke up early & made a special breakfast- bacon & french toast. Why didn't our kids get up? Good question- you see it was Hailey's very first stake dance last night- jack went to a different stake dance (ya they have two -one for 14-15 another for 16-18 there's a lot of youth here), plus nobody & I mean nobody wants trent to wake up early. When trent gets up we all get up whether we want to or not. He is like a bull in a china cabinet in the morning. He just can't do anything quietly in the morning.
We have early church at 9:00. I keep thinking I should love 9:00 church. All really organized women seem to love it- they get home early, get more done. I just don't like it no matter how hard I try. I'm just not a morning person & going to church early seriously affects my spirituality or lack there of in the morning. Having teenagers for what seems like forever- doesn't help either. Mine aren't even that bad about it, that is after the missionary left. I woke up early made bacon- I don't like to make bacon- what a mess, but I did it the old fashioned way after my last disaster.

We had a great lunch after church- dad's choice. Hamburgers & fresh corn on the cob with "dads" rootbeer, of course. I told trent we were having Fat Boys for dessert (a local ice cream treat) & he said... concerned, "me?" Not you I said, "jack?" he asked. No they're ice cream sandwiches. What a funny guy.
the kids told their dad what they love about him
Trent- he takes me camping & on hikes in the mountains.
Chloe- he loves carmel & I like to watch him put it on his ice cream.
I like it when he chases us up the stairs.
Hailey- he is a good example of what to do.
Jack- I love how he tells me stories of what him & his friends used to do when they were my age. Especially after I tell him what my friends & i have been doing.
*how was your father's day?
*do you have a simpler way to make bacon?
*are you a morning person?

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I went to the church during the stake dance(My church house) and holy cow! It was 500 degrees in the church and stunk to smelly teenagers and it was so weird to hear this awful music coming from the gym! I am glad I at least had some of them at my house watching a movie!!

Looks like a fun father's day! Kelly cooked breakfast while I finished making mint brownies for our trip to his Dad'....I didn't even take pictures!

wende said...

what a great mom you are, i slept in and woke up to find rich doing the dishes! - nice father's day wife i am!

ok, the best way to make bacon IS in the oven, but on a cookie sheet to catch the grease. it's even better tasting because it's perfectly crispy and soft at the same time. come over and we'll have a bacon lesson! :)

Stacie said...

What a great tradition! I think I will start that next year! I would love to hear what each child loves about their dad!! :)

Janae said...

I also loved hearing what each of your kids loves about their dad! I am so not a morning person and church at 9 am is a serious problem for me...also, what about the already cooked bacon at costco? 15 sec. in the microwave and really it's great! I know some might not agree but, considering the mess bacon can make it's worth it in the microwave:)