Sunday, June 1, 2008

30 for june

1. I am nervous because my missionary didn't email this week. I know I should just relax but... it's harder than it sounds.
2. I am also nervous about having a bored & hyper eight year old home for the summer.
3. I have plans, mostly in my mind I need to make a list-- many, many lists.
4. I over schedule everything. I love to have a plan & a list.
5. Schedules & calendars make me happy.
6. I don't always follow them, but they make me happy none the less.
7. I wanted to be a doctor when I was in elementary school.
8. Back then I thought I could do anything.
9. Several years ago like 12 ... I went to a doctor who had gone to college the same time as me. I could have been a doctor by then...? what??
10. It frustrated me to no end.
11. I was pretty shaken up thinking I was waisting my life raising a family.
12. All better.
13. I stunk at school so it's not like there was any chance- seriously- what in the world?
14. I change my sheets every week.
15. Sometimes more than once a week. I just really like crisp, clean sheets.
16. I love chocolate fudge pop tarts & ate four of them on one day this past week... whoops.....
17. I typically avoid pop tarts for obvious reasons.
18. and ding dongs, but I think I've mentioned that before.
19. My husband owned a pizza restaurant just after college for a couple of months.
20. It bombed - but I can make a killer pizza now.
21. My favorite is spinach & fresh tomato. I posted the recipe a long time ago... here it is.
22. I saw Lionel Richie in concert when I was 17.
23. Tina Turner was opening for him.
24. The guy I went with bragged about how great the tickets were for weeks.
25. We sat so far away that they looked like tiny little ants. We were literally the highest & farthest seat away in the whole tacoma dome. I felt so bad for him, he must have been so embarrassed. We broke up right after that.
26. It's year book time & I am really looking forward to posting my kids funniest signings.
27. I found out a couple of years ago (after it happened) that in 8th grade Brian signed all of his friend's yearbooks- "Don't do drugs- trust me, love Brian"
28. He thought that was really funny??? what in the world???!!!-I swear that kid-aaarrgh!
29. So that means all those kids parents read that- geez louiz-
30. my sweet hearts birthday is this month!! Happy birthday brett- love you!

7 comments:

wende said...

i love your monthly list...

i once had a boyfriend who got tickets to genesis and they were awful - the tickets, not the band - and he was so embarrassed. but we didn't break up! :)

good job on creating a smaller butt!

Stacie said...

I always love reading your monthly lists!! They are so great!

By the way--ding dongs are so great!! Especially when you freeze them!!

Interesting story on the pizza store! I never knew that--I love hearing funny things like that!

Karrie said...

I loved hearing about the pizza store too...how great to give it a try.

I would hate to know some of the stuff Micah wrote in people's yearbooks...scarrry.

I can't remember any really bad seats at concert....but Troy and I are now humiliated to admit we went to a Euasure concert...it was the 80's...give me a break

Great Post!

michelle said...

Great list, Patsy. I got a kick out of Brian's yearbook signings! And the whole thing about wanting to be a doctor. I hope you hear from your missionary soon!

Kristy said...

I love your monthly lists. It is fun to learn all of these fun things about you!

It was scary to read some of Emily's things in her yearbook!

I will have to try the pizza!

Janae said...

I don't know if it's just really late but...number 25 is making me cry from laughter...the ants...oh dear...
Great list! I will try the pizza, I loved Lionel Richie and I don't fault Karrie for going to Erasure;)

Jill said...

Oh Patsy, you amuse me so.