Monday, June 16, 2008

cupcake swap

This afternoon I hosted my first ever cupcake swap!
It was really fun and oh so yummy.Here are the cupcakes I made- hostess look alike but fresh from my kitchen. I even made the marshmallow cream from scratch - and it turned out!!! I am kind of a one hit wonder on tricky recipes so this may be my last batch of homemade marshmallow cream but hey- I am so thrilled with myself today. I even took tutorial pictures the whole cooking process then realized I didn't have my camera card in. I lost my cord months ago & haven't boughten a new one...drat!
This was so much fun for me- I really love the chance to do something creative. I don't know why it takes an event to do it.
These are Karen's- chocolate orange. mmmmm

Tiffany's brownie s'more & strawberry brownie s'more.
yum-o

These gorgeous gals are Linda's.

Three different decorated chocolate ones. Some have cream cheese filling. I am too full/sick from eating while making my own I haven't tried any yet- sad, I know.

Here are Janae's. Chocolate cheesecake. I did have a bite of Chloe's- so good!

Here is the variety-
Next time we definitely should swap recipes... I didn't think of that.
I also didn't think to take a picture of all of us.... what in the world?
*do you like cupcakes- I think I have asked that before...?
*have you ever made your own marshmallow cream?
it's easier than it sounds...

15 comments:

wende said...

thank you for sharing with me even though i was a total LAME-O and forgot all about the swap today! i have to say, i haven't tried them all yet, but your cupcakes are 100 times better than hostess! oh my gosh, i would like to request a plate of these for my birthday! :) seriously, so good!

how cute are you for thinking of something as fun as a cupcake swap!? cute patsy!

Karrie said...

Wow....these look like they could be on bakerella! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! This looks like so much fun. I want one :)--Megan

patsy said...

Wende- the cupcake swap was totally linda's idea- but I set it up so I guess I can only take partial credit.
It was really fun though- I would absolutely make them for your birthday-- If I can?? I swear every time I make something awesome if never quite works out again.

Stacie said...

I wished I lived closer because I would totally participate in something like that! Yummy! They all look so great! :)

Kristy said...

Just looking at the picture is making me so hungry right now! They all look awesome!

Janae said...

Patsy~ This was so much fun:) Thank you for the swap...your cupcakes were to die for delicious!! I am going to have to try the marshmallow cream:)

Cecilia said...

The cupcakes look amazing! What a fun thing to do with the girls!

Mrs. McDaniel said...

how fun are you? The cupcakes are amazing & I think everyone did a great job.

Jill said...

These all look so good! I think I like looking at cupcakes more than eating them because the cake part usually isn't so good.

Serendipity said...

What a great idea -- eveything looks amazing! (...a little intimidating actually...) WOW!

(Fun to find another mom of 6!)

crystal said...

It takes a swap of some sort to nudge me to creative action, too. Your cupcakes are DARLING.

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Yum! Those cupcakes all look like perfection... I am excited that you guys are still coming to wa... what days were you going to be here again?

Johnna said...

Those look great! When I saw the picture I thought you were going to say you didn't have time to make yours or something. They look like the ones in the package. (that was supposed to be a compliment but I am sure that yours tasted better.)

Linda said...

What an unbelieveably fun thing to do...I love it!

All of the cupcakes look professionally decorated...they're amazing. You're all so talented!

Did you have any guidelines for this swap, such as how many cupcakes each person was to bring? Did each person get to bring home the same amount, etc. Just wondering how it all worked because it looks like something really fun to host. I host a Christmas cookie exchange every year but I love the cupcake swap idea for summer.