Monday, June 30, 2008

31 for july

1. it's my birthday soon
2. I used to hate birthdays
3. now I love them
4. I am compelled to clean up the book area at costco.
5. I can't look at books for long without finding myself straightening them up... oh messy shoppers.
6. I have to pull myself away
7. the book shelves in my own home- ? who cares
8. I love toasted coconut covered marshmallows, especially roasted over the fire
9. With that in mind it's time to confess...
10. I quit going to WW
11. Yep, I'm a quitter.
12.I'm not really sure why I quit- except it's just hard for me to juggle summer especially in the beginning- not to mention, I'm hungry. Do I sound upset about it? because... I'm not.
13. I'm looking for a good book which does not induce fits of crying- I don't do sad.
14. Like everyone else... I'm worried about the price of gas.
15. Is it really going to $7 a gallon????
16. Yesterday I got an email from the missionary that was just for me. Happiness.
17. I went to college- BYU- (of course) & majored in REcreation. but quit after meeting my husband & getting married.
18. My favorite class REcreation 315- how to throw a party. I wonder if they still have that class?
19. I'm dead serious- & I actually use what I learned (and can remember) on a regular basis, even with my own family.
20. I wish I would've finished school- not really- I hope I don't regret saying that. I KNOW how important education is- I really do. I just don't regret my choice.
21. I think I picked the wrong word for this year- CREATE- maybe I'm just too scatter
brained or ADD or something to focus on just one word.
22. I was the Thespian club president, student body vice president, a cheerleader, & laurel class president my senior year of high school.
23. I am more comfortable being busy than not.
24. Except for right now- I am loving having a couple of days without anything major to do.
25. I find myself a couple of times a month wondering if we have enough money to plan a spontaneous trip to disneyland?
26. We haven't been there for a couple of years, so I guess that answers the question. (darn it)
27. Money- it's all about priorities- other priorities are really getting in my way.
28. My favorite holiday is Independence Day!!
29. That means- just about my favorite week of the year- is THIS WEEK.
30. I am really excited about the children's parade, concert in the park, fireworks (oh how I love the big fireworks) parade down main street of my town, flags flying, carnival in the park, art show & quilt show at the elementary school. We only live 2 blocks away from all the festivities- one of my favorite things about my house!
31. My sister from WA & her family is coming down to visit! I am really, really excited for this week!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your list this month. it speaks of summer and free time and fourth of july!

Kristy said...

I love your lists! You are more than welcome to come to my house to watch the children's parade with all your family there is plenty of space!!

Karrie said...

I love the 4th of July too...but I think the 24th in Utah is my Fave...probably beause it's the day before my B-day....July birthdays are the best!!! Great list...I need to start working on one...I hope to have a top 40 list for my birthday since it is the BIG 40 this year...yikes...bring it on!~

Stacie said...

Okay--so I ALWAYS tell everyone why I loved Centerville and hated to leave it! 1)They have their OWN parade for the 4th of July, 2) They have a CHILDRENS parade--which my children relished every year decorating their bikes!! 3) Small town with wonderfully nice people!!

How I miss Centerville! Especially this week...

Kim Sue said...

Hi Patsy - jumped over from Jill's blog just in time to catch this great list. I too am a quitter, although this week my clothes are not fitting and I probably need to drag myself back on the wagon...QUICKLY! Love your list and can't wait to scroll through more posts. Come by and visit me sometime too.

Janae said...

I am so glad to be back in the blogging world and catching up on your posts:) you have wonderful posts always! I loved the pictures of Chloe's ballet night, I loved hearing all about camp and I love number 22 on your list. I can definitely see that:) you are such a great person to always be involved. It is such a good example to me. I always want to be involved but, don't always do. AND...Happy Blogging Anniversary...Yeah:)

Jill said...

It appears you answered some of my blog topic questions in your 31 things this month, how about that?!

I am a compulsive book tidier at Costco and everywhere else. I am incapable of picking something up in a store and then abandoning it somewhere else, so I often replace things other people have left.

Jill said...

P.S. I've quit WW twice!!