Saturday, June 7, 2008

shopping trip

Honestly this week has been a little tough. All the storms have brought on killer arthritis pain that had really gotten to me by this morning. I just didn't want to get going.
The wedding photographer called to remind us the photos were in so Brett & I decided to get out of the house & went down into the valley to pick them up. They are so beautiful! I was so thrilled to finally pick them up from the photographer.
Since we were half way there, Brett wanted to head on down to Cabela's. Well, you know, I had no make up on & I was wearing my favorite old sweatshirt. Heck it's Cabela's, Brett reminded me. Shoot, I should fit right in.Well as luck would have it... this weekend is ANTLER FEST 2008!
Do we have great timing or what?
And we didn't even know it- how lucky can you get?-
good livin'- I tell ya.
While Brett was looking at manly stuff I decided to go on my own little shopping trip. In case you haven't done any Father's DAy shopping you may want to go get a pen & paper.
Here are a few of my favorite finds.
My first favorite find of the day was a 16 piece set of whitetail buck dinnerware.
I can't believe Megan didn't register here! What was she thinking?Next a whole isle of duck decoys. Who knew?
I thought I would take a picture of the Ammo isle, but low & behold they had so much of it- there is no way I could get it all in one photo.Cases & cases of ammo.

This little gal was checking out some ammo with her dad. It must have been some kind of daddy daughter date. She probably got a new piece for her birthday or something. It reminded me of when I was a girl sometimes (maybe it was just once) my dad would take me & my sister to sears with him to look at tools. I think my mom made him just to get us out of the house. If we were lucky we would stop by the candy counter & get Swedish fish or maple nut goodies.
back to the fabulous finds...
I love this Alaskan all weather lighter- it's even on sale!
If you & dad are ever up in the arctic & need a cigarette here you go. Brett said it could be for lighting fires but hey, is there wood up in the arctic?
This little beauty is one of my favorites.
Just in time for FAther's day. A CAMouFlage recliner!
Holy Moly- sign me up! I think they may have free delivery...

If you are looking for a man- there's this Love Triangle. Apparently you set up these three decoys & a "tom" should come a courtin'. I know a "tom" is a male turkey but a lot of men I know are turkeys- so maybe it'll work. You could set this up outside the store & get a couple of guys right away.
This is my absolute favorite.

"within hours the novice can produce a great looking mount that will add an interesting touch to any sportsman's room. Kit includes: body form, tail material, eyes, eye set, wire, needle and thread, preservative, & complete instructions."
I'm keeping my eye on this kit for Trent's next birthday. Talk about great party favors. I would be the talk of the neighborhood for sure!
Look no farther for that great father's day dinner idea-
Freeze dried lasagna.
Who needs to cook? Just add water & heat!

Brett says I'm mocking him.
He may not bring me with him next time.
I thought it was kind of fun.

10 comments:

Kristy said...

I do the same thing at that store! Who would allow that beautiful furniture in their home!!!! Kelly loves it.......the only place he could put it would be in his office where I don't I have to see it! My boys would love the taxidermy kit....they would find something gross to do it to or use the cat!!!

wende said...

thanks for the serious belly laughs patsy, that store is hillarious. i'm getting you a set of those dishes for your birthday, just you wait!

Karrie said...

Too funny...I want to go next time. I always miss the great exhibits at Cabela's...Last time I was there we just went to the shooting gallery and looked at the native fish exhibit.

Stacie said...

Wow!! Those are funny outdoorsy things! I get overwhelmed at Cabela's! I think next time Kerby wants to go there I will have him drop me off at IKEA's! (or Rod Works--it's right across the freeway from Cabela's!)

Cecilia said...

I love your picture at the end of the post....LOL
I only like Cabela's because of their fudge and candles!
Thanks for the laugh!

Unknown said...

oh, wow. see what i'm missing here in tiny town?? i'm really torn between the recliner and the taxidermy kit, myself!

Beth said...

I know it's super funny, and you will die when you hear this... but it is your brothers favorite store EVER, and me THE CITY GIRL... I am actually finding isles I like to hang out in now on our 3-4 hours trips there!!! It kind of sucks you in after a long period of time, and I begin picturing the $4,000 antler chandelier hanging in my log cabin lodge. BTW the recliner and dishes would go well there too!

Seriously... we have friends here and they have the decoys, and all the taxidermy critters on their walls etc. We are almost outcasts for NOT having any of it.... we have the labs and the guns now... should I be scared! Is the recliner next?

Mrs. McDaniel said...

did they have the camo couch & loveseat? just in case you didn't know that it was available too! haha if we ever buy a bigger house I will HAVE to buy that furniture for dh's room!

Janae said...

This was too funny...it looks like you were keeping yourself entertained:) I really thought the lasagna with meat sauce sounded so tasty...NOT! Who really would eat that?

Jill said...

Being in that store is like being on another planet for me. I just don't get it! Seriously, a camouflage recliner?! I'm so scared.