Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I don't like change, but I love cupcakes

A couple of weeks ago my wonderful friend & neighbor Linda sent over these darling, delicious cupcakes! I was going to blog about them... but there were too many school things on my mind.
***
Now that summer is officially here- I am slipping down into the dumps. It's raining, my schedule has completely changed. I have no where to go, but tons of stuff to do that I don't want to do. It all comes down to this...
I just don't like change.
Since change is such a guarantee in this life, I really need to get over it.
These cupcakes are really over the top amazing. Kind of like Linda herself. She's one of the most creative, amazing people I have ever met- she's truly a nice person & cute too! I feel like a better person having her for my friend. Coconut lemon cupcakes mmmm. NOtice the homemade lemon curd in the middle- Linda- WOW!! I feel so blessed & lucky to have such great women in my life. My family, my friends.
This weekend there was a death in my husband's family. A cousin's son died of a drug overdose. Last night I found out a good friend whom I haven't seen in a while, her husband has cancer & it's not looking too good. Her kids are the same ages as my middle four. They were bestest friends & we spent many a summer together back in my water park days. I feel so overwhelmed with saddness for them. I sent a card this morning.
What to do?
All I know is I have been reminded to make the most of all the time I have on this earth- love others- be the best I can be- and love myself enough to let that be good enough.

This is a really weird post, I know. Some deep thoughts to go along with cupcakes.
How's your summer going?

7 comments:

Karrie said...

great post Patsy...love the cupcakes...I'm sorry to hear about the family member and your friends husband. You're right the only thing you can count on is change....but the good side of that is when it's bad it will also change. Hang in there

Jill said...

Thank heaven for Linda's cupcake delivery eh? I don't like change much either.

Unknown said...

i hate change, but cupcakes make everything better, right?!?

Beth said...

I can so relate to this post... I too, am all over the place, cupcakes to really deep thoughts and feelings!

Thank you for sharing... I like Karrie's thought that when it's bad that will change too.

Your not alone sis... Hugs, Beth

michelle said...

Ooh, homemade lemon curd is one of the best things on earth!

Change is definitely hard.

Janae said...

I am glad to hear change is hard on others too. I have always struggled with it. The cupcakes look wonderful! Yeah for cupcakes:) I

Stacie said...

I think cupcakes are the next big thing right now! That is neat that she can make them as good as they do at those cupcakeries--because they are so expensive!!

As far as the Pickett family--I know how you feel! My sister tells me I should call her. I haven't talked to her for almost 2 years. I still think I will try to call her. What to say...

It does make you treasure your own family and the 'small' (compared to hers right now) trials we go through together.