Sunday, June 22, 2008

girl's camp

{Hailey, Tbone, & chloe at family reunion camp last year}

I have always loved camping!
Especially church girl's camp. I went every year (12-18)- some of my fondest memories.
Our church up in WA where I grew up went to the sweetest boy scout camp for girl's camp. It was a lake, two miles around, with different camp sites in different locations around the lake. It was gorgeous - like out of a Disney movie. My group was always (to the envy of everyone else) the right size for the one & only cabin house boat. It was a sparse shelter on the lake with a fire pit & everything- it was heaven.
One year Stephanie pierced my ears there. I don't' know where our leaders were at the time? She did it with a needle, ice & a potato behind my ear. I came home with very infected ears- but they healed, I lived & here I am today. We pulled great pranks- oh my- maybe someday I'll write about those. There were canoes & swimming. I didn't swim of course but I could put on a life jacket just like anyone else, & the canoes were a blast!
I am excited to be at girl's camp with my girls! We are going to have a great time.
I'll see you on Friday!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Have lots of fun!!!!

Karrie said...

I'm going to miss you...please update me when you get back...I'll be there in a few more weeks. Have fun...it's great you can be with the girls

Beth said...

How did it seem so flawless before you left for camp... I am not until July 21st and just trying not to be a crazy woman.

You didn't even seem stressed and even got in some field trips before you left.

Must have a super great crew!!!

Have fun, can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!

Jill said...

You would be so fun to have at Girl's Camp, what a great calling for you!

Amanda :-) said...

Argh! That ear piercing thing is horrible! Haha!

Hope you have a brilliant time at camp. I'm glad you're so 'up for it' - the girls will really benefit from someone like you being with them.