Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Someone's Got a Fever

Yesterday I got a call from the school. Trent wasn't feeling well. I talked to him, he said he had a stomach ache, his arm hurt & he had fallen down so he also had a headache.? That sounded suspicious to me so I told him to go back to class I would check on him when I came to volunteer later that afternoon. A bit later his teacher called the house, I wasn't there. I guess she asked T for my cell # but he couldn't remember it.
(I filled out the emergency paper at the beginning of the year, I don't know why she didn't check that.)
Anyhow, to make a long story short- they finally got a hold of me, I went & picked him up- he had a fever. I felt so bad- I walked him home & on the way sang the telephone number learning song (bright music) that I used with all my kids to teach them our home number, no one was around- but he looked straight up at me & said- MOM, you're embarrassing me!
I just had to laugh. This is progress for our Asperger kid. Embarrassment is an emotion he just didn't get- that is until his mother started singing to him out loud & outside.

12 comments:

Johnna said...

I loved your blog about the trip to mom and dads, but didn't comment there. Just wanted to tell Trent that I hope he is feeling better and that we love you all. Have a great day!

Johnna :)

Linda said...

Poor little guy...I hope he feels better soon. I had my turn last week and it's certainly no fun.

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

He looks SO cute in this picture... I am looking forward to seeing all of you in May.

Kristy said...

I hope Trent feels better. My kids had the stomach ache and fever a few weeks ago.

calibosmom said...

Don't ya hate it when that happens! I've done that many times.

Anonymous said...

Riley had the same thing happen to her earlier this year....luckily when she couldn't remember by cell # Meredith did. Hope he is better soon. No fun!

Kristy said...

Trent I you get better soon. I miss you at school.
Jake

wende said...

poor trent, fevers are no fun. i hope you feel better soon! patsy, i think you need to teach ME the telephone number learning song, i can't remember phone numbers to save my life. i'm just glad they evented mobile phones that store all the numbers i ever need to know. phew!

Janae said...

I hope you guys are done with the fever thing. We have all been taking turns this last week! Sickness is the pits! Hope he is doing better. I have been known for saying run back to class and you'll be fine...oh dear! It's just so hard to know sometimes if they REALLY are sick or not!

crystal said...

Oh, kids just melt my heart with their fever-dazed faces. Poor kidlet; I hope he does better soon & THAT YOU DON'T CATCH IT@!!!

I didn't catch on 'til now that you've been managing Asperger's. Another reason why I look up to you so much.

Jill said...

I would have done the same thing with such suspicious symptoms.

How funny that you managed to embarrass him, way to go!

michelle said...

I've totally done that before and then felt badly afterwards... I love that you managed to embarrass him!