Monday, March 31, 2008

CRABBY

Today I woke up really crabby.
Trent got up in the middle of the night with a nightmare. He went to the bathroom in our room then back to bed. 3:00 AM I went to the bathroom & yes...
I sat down into a puddle of...
pee.
not good- not good at all
as I am sitting there annoyed I realize I feel something wet on my foot seeping through my husbands very thick sweat socks that I am wearing. Crap- there's pee on the floor too.
Now- you have to understand I am very tired & achy. Once in a while I get achy before a winter storm. Not very often but tonight was one of those nights so I had taken Tylenol PM before bed.
I change my socks & got into bed. Moments upon hitting the pillow, I realize my pajama pant legs are wet also. What in the world? Did he pee up the sides of the toilet??
The hell with it I am going to sleep. I can shower & change the sheets in the morning. After having the pleasure of potty training & being the mother of six kids a little pee (a lot of pee) is not going to stop me from going to bed.
Morning-
I warned my very germaphobic husband- Trent missed last night.
Later as I am doing the laundry he comes in & let's me know where & how the pee was everywhere & not just on the seat & floor- I had gotten it completely wrong.
My only thought- are you seriously going to tell me- & start an argument over whether or not I know about the pee in the bathroom?
Normally he is such a sweetie but two things really set him off.
Pee & Snot.
He really cannot be blamed for his fear of the above two things. Even though they are natural, everyone does it.... blah, blah, blah.
Later this morning he called & apologized. I'm not sure he knows what he is apologizing for, but that's the kind of guy he is.
*writing this out really helps with the crabbies.
*is motherhood all you thought it would be?
*have you ever sat in ....?
*do you ever wake up crabby?

3 comments:

Jill said...

After giving the FHE lesson last night I added a little review about toilet aiming and habits. Good grief. It was pretty funny but nasty. How hard is it to get it in the toilet??

Venting always makes me feel better when I'm crabby.

Kristy said...

Okay I laughed through this entire post. The other morning I woke to my loving daughter yelling at Jake for leaving a puddle of pee on the floor! She had just yelled at him the night before for the same thing. You would think he would learn! We have the same problem at our house with 3 boys.......yes my husband is one of them.

Stacie said...

Patsy--Love the story of pee and snot!! I believe most men are germaphobes and expect the MOM to be the cleaner-upper!! I guess I prefer to be the cleaner-upper because if I wasn't I would end up to be the ultimate cleaner-upper!! First, the original mess then the second one from my husband who would throw-up during the clean-up!!

Good to read up on your family and your goings-ons!! Wende got me blogging by being inspired by her awesome blog skills!! (She needs to write a book!) Anyway--I am setting up my own blog (slowly but surely) and will try to keep up on yours and the Moore family through the blogs!! I hope all is well--you have a cute family!! :)