Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Another Field Trip

Today I went on another field trip!
This one was really fun because we weren't walking forever or taking public transportation. Those are rough.We went to the U of U for Engineering Day. It was so cool. I learned a lot about engineering. But then, I had a lot to learn. Students & some faculty put on a 1/2 day presentation & it was GREat! They had contests & this one was building a fish out of clay that would be either fast or slow in a tank of water, pulled by a pulley, in teams- the team picked whether they wanted to try for fast of slow.

The fish were pulled by the paper clip. Chloe's group tried to make a Slow fish. They really learned a lot because they made this stream lined fish, and he was definitely not slow. The college students taught about what makes something go slower, faster.

The kids also built "buildings"out of straws that had to be sturdy & wind proof. Cool. Loved it. We also learned about Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, & more. Anyhow, that was my day.

I am feeling very blessed to have the time to go on these trips & be with my kids. I know all too well. It'll be only six years before Chloe is out of the house. I'm really enjoying this precious time.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Totally enjoyed reading up on your blog. I like your attitude.

A wedding this spring!? Oh my gosh. Very exciting. Thank goodness finding the dress worked out well. Once that's secured, the other details can come together.

Love the extra special videos. You have a good sense of humor behind the camera.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Chloe. She's such a sweetie!

Jill said...

You're so great to go on all of these field trips. You're definitely a cool mom.