Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bridals

Yesterday I went to Orem to learn how to tie a corset on my daughter, then learn how to help her put on her wedding dress. We were preparing for today...

We met the photographer downtown.


This whole wedding stuff is surreal for me.

It was really fun to be in the distance watching, occasionally adjusting her slip.

I stopped into the Lion House & bought rolls for the photographer.

This guy came with us. He put his arm around me when the tears came. Happy tears. Tears that are in shock wondering, when did all this happen?

She is going to be a beautiful bride. I feel bad that I have been so busy lately. Until today I really hadn't thought through the fact that my daughter is really getting married. It's exciting. It's fantastic. He is a lucky guy. Maybe it's good to be busy.

Before we left for home we ran into these. You can't tell from the photo but they are miniature daffodils. My very favorite flowers are daffodils. Tulips were coming up everywhere. They are about 2 inches high- by the wedding day this place is going to be gorgeous!

Mother of the bride??? I'm speechless.

*do you love daffodils?
* have you ever had REAL Lion House rolls?
(by the way you should've seen the photographer's face when I gave him the rolls- delighted!)

15 comments:

Beth said...

I have never had Lion House rolls... but I have never met a roll I didn't like. That was so thoughtful! I bet he was thrilled.

I am crying with you... it must be so surreal. She is BEAUTIFUL!!! He really is the lucky guy!!!
Did I mention how BEAUTIFUL she is!!!!!!!!

Kristy said...

Megan looks beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes.....I am going to be there sooner than I want to be. Enjoy this time!

Jake really wanted to invite Trent to his baptism...I hope that was okay.

I will hopefully remember some sand for you to. Happy Easter :)!

Anonymous said...

This made me cry too...She will be a beautiful bride. And yes it's probably good you are busy during this time to help you get through it. It will be great...I've had two big first in the last several months...1st missionary and 1 wedding. You'll make it they are all good things.

Anonymous said...

Patsy- I meant You've had two big firsts not I've. I have a few more years yet before its my turn, but I know it will be just like blinking. You'll be old hat at it by then and can give advise.

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I am totally crying after reading this post... she looks beautiful in her dress!

Jill said...

How exciting for your family. I can imagine how surreal it must be to have your daughter getting married, because that means she's all grown up. Wow!

I love daffodils and all the spring flowers, they're such a welcome treat after a long, cold winter.

wende said...

beautiful entry patsy, beautiful girl! i'm so excited for her, she has to be having a ton of fun with all of this. hopefully. i love lion house rolls! do you know that you can buy them (and their delicious evil twins - orange rolls) at deseret book by costco? just walking into that place is a sales pitch for me to gain twenty pounds. avoid that place if you can. i love daffodils! i'm happy for your happy tears.

crystal said...

Ok, when my daughter is in a bridal gown, I'll be a basket case. I have a love/hate relationship with milestones; they are bittersweet.

And weird.

Holly said...

I'm sure this whole experience is a mix of surreal, joy, bittersweet and BUSY BUSY. It was so touching to read your husband's reaction.

The daffodils are beautiful and will only pop up more and more as her day approaches.

I know you are crazy busy with wedding plans, and you often enjoy the busyness, but be sure to take in some calm, quiet moments with your *girl*, before it zips by---you know? :)

Natasha said...

Rolls look yummy!

Your daughter is a beautiful bride!

Jessica said...

Patsy,
Wow! I can't believe Megan is old enough to get married! Congradulations to her! I hope you don't mine, but I saw your link on Rachel's blog and thought I'd take a peek! Also, I wanted to say to you, Thank You. Thank you and the rest of the Young Women Leaders I had in Washington! You guys were (and still are) amazing. I am serving as the Young Women's President in our tiny little military branch here in Korea and I absolutly love, love, love the girls! I truly hope I'm as cool of a Young Women's Leader to them as all of you were to me! Thanks again! So much!

Jessica

calibosmom said...

Hello, I'm not sure how I found you. Isn't the blog world amazing? Your daughters dress looks beautiful! Happy Easter!

michelle said...

What a wonderful time, in all of your lifes. Your daughter looks beautiful in her dress. Memories like this are priceless.

Janae said...

This is a wonderful post! She looks so beautiful. You can tell she is happy:) so wonderful!

michelle said...

I just can't imagine my kids getting married -- I know I'm going to be wondering how it happened so soon.

Lion House rolls are the best! Good idea on getting some for the photographer. (I do love daffodils. Those tiny ones are sometimes called jonquils and they're my birthday flower!)