Sunday, March 16, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK- 17!!

Jack is turning 17 today. I just can't believe it- I really can't!!
He is such a great kid, well young man.
I am listing 17 things I love about him today- this should be easy...
17. He sucked his thumb & carried his "baba" until he was six.

16. He is a really good older & younger brother.
15. He is almost never caught without some kind of BYU apparel on. (this picture is from his birthday last year)

14. He can sleep like none other.
13. He has no problem- at least doesn't complain when getting up early to go to church or put up scout flags, or whatever-amazing.

12. He is cool.
11. He is tall.

10. Megan was almost 3 weeks late, Brian 1 week late, Jack a week early!!!! He's my favorite.

9. He was my biggest baby at 8lb. 15oz.- 22 inches.

8. It was 11:30 PM. I was in labor & told the doctor I was disappointed he would be born on St. Patrick's day. He said Let's Do This Then... he was born at 11:58 PM.

7. He has great friends.

6. A bunch of them eat lunch at our house almost everyday.

5. I can't believe he isn't complaining that Megan's car broke down & now she has his car- He won't get it back until the wedding. Megan's not the only one counting down the days.

4. He is a huge helper around the house.

3. He plays the guitar beautifully. He doesn't believe me but he has a beautiful singing voice too.

2. He is really smart. A - AP Biology?????

1. He is a middle child- but is his own person. He tells the most incredible, crazy stories. He has an extremely adventurous personality. He plays "bad" rap music in the car when Hailey's little friends are there just to scare them & make them think he's really rowdie. He loves oldies & knows who is singing just about anything on the oldie station. He's a cowboy at heart. He is tender hearted & says I love you back on the phone- Megan told him he had to, but he does it. He likes to come in my room at night to tell me he's home, he wakes me up, scares the living daylights out of me when he gets home late, then tells me how weird I was in the morning. He's funny.


What can I say... I like him.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

What a sweet birthday post.
My baby boy is 4 and I tell him every day that I hope he'll still be my baby even when he's grown!

wende said...

i love this post! you did a great job documenting all the great things about jack. but you forgot one...that fantastic red hair! i'm so jealous, i've always prayed for red heads and got ZERO! what a cool guy. i like him too.

Janae said...

What a great guy your Jack is! If I would of had a boy he would of been a Jack. I love that name:)

Jill said...

He seems like a great guy. Happy Birthday Jack!