Sunday, January 31, 2010

february list- one day early

1. I came home early from church, because I started sneezing & sniffling.
2. It's 6:00 PM and I have a full blown cold & headache.
3. I decided on a word for 2010 months ago.
4. It's LOVE.
5. I chose this word because of this talk during October General Conference.
6. It is worth reading no matter what your religious preference is-
7. and really made an impact on me.
8. My favorite gift that I gave this year for Christmas is membership- in my newly formed cookie of the month club.
9. I couldn't think of something really wonderful to give one of my favorite families.
Then it just came to me.
10. For January I took over a couple dozen of these
11. I am shocked that this recipe is not on my cooking blog! It is one of my favorites & declared the best cookies ever by Brian.
12. For February I am really looking forward to making personalized valentine cookies.
13. I think this is the best present.
14. The credit goes to Michelle's dessert of the month club.
15. I knew that would be too much for me so I opted for cookies...
16. I used to HATE valentine's day growing up.
17. Now I make it really fun with my kids & sweetheart.
18. We have a special dinner, decorations & presents.
19. It's one of the best days of the year!
20. I called megan this afternoon
21. sad news--- Charlie has a cold too.
22. Poor Kid!
23. I remember being a complete nervous wreck the first time megan got sick.
24. We got a batch of fresh new snow this morning...
25. Now it is melted into a yucky, dirty mess.
26. which means mud
27. which means muddy dog foot prints... (swearing under my breathe)
28. Good News~ My Valentine cards are going out soon!!!

thanks wende for the great photo shoot- I can't wait for ya'll to get one

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Cookie of the month gift....what a great idea!! I will have to keep that in mind for a gift sometime.

Kyle and Emily have colds too....tis the season for colds! I hope you and Charlie feel better soon!

I can't wait to see your cards.

michelle said...

Hang on -- I don't think I knew about your recipe blog! What the?

Secondly, I suck at the dessert of the month club. I'm so bad with follow through! I'm sure you will be better. (Maybe I should have just gone with cookies, I love making cookies!)

Muddy paw prints make me *this close* to losing it.

wende said...

i love sugar cookies but HATE making them. i'm glad i have you in my life to take good care of me. :)

can't wait to get your card put together, you have such a beautiful family. next time you're all together, maybe it will be WARM so we can spend more than ten minutes shooting photos. :)

Karolynn said...

I hope your cold goes away fast! I have to try the orange cookies!!

Karolynn said...

ok I am taking the cookies to a cookie exchange party tonight! I am excited to try them. Even though I shouldnt.