Saturday, January 30, 2010

This year to keep moods high & stress at bay-
personally & as a family we have been working on having things to look forward to
daily
weekly
monthly
and this year (summer vacation.)
Most things are simple pleasures like lunch with friends at school, play or ballet practice, scouts, etc. but NOT Today!
Today we indulged & went to the CHEESECAKE FACTORY for lunch.
Some people that I really, really love (who will remain nameless as not to induce extreme jealous feelings in readers)- gave brett & I a gift certificate there for Christmas & we have been dying to use it. What better way than with two darling girls & their goofy brother?
(how about this haircut?- cute huh! I told you!!)
The Cheesecake factory is notoriously, crazy, busy...
but we got a table in 30 minutes- score!

On the way to the restaurant I was commenting on how fun our family vacation was going to be this summer & how much room there was in the car with out the boys & megan. Hailey said JOKINGLY, because brett never does this- ya & if dad can control himself... no farting either! Trent piped up- hey what do ya mean?? I'm gonna be here! oops how silly of hailey to not include him in "that" category.

We ordered guacamole as an appetizer-- oh heavenly day!
I love guacamole this was so good! I haven't made it in forever but this is the time of year for it. I will be headed to costco for avocados monday morning. I make the best guacamole- I learned how to make it at a little restaurant that makes it table side on the river walk in
San Antonio, Texas.
My goal: to put that recipe on the cooking blog soon.
It's worth trying even if you are not a "guacamole" kind of person.
Chloe declared her lemonade - the best lemonade in her life- wow!!

The portions are crazy, huge here.
Lunch portions are really the way to go.
Cheaper & smaller, but still way too big to eat in one sitting.
We had a terrific time- the girls now know why this is megan's favorite restaurant. We missed her & I missed janae - this is probably her favorite too & today is her birthday!
-happy birthday janae-
I cannot wait to get together & celebrate.

We ended off lunch with the red velvet cake/cheesecake that kristy ordered when the blogger mom's were here for wende's birthday. It was better than I remembered.
Oh boy- next week we need to go for a walk/run/bike ride/something physical.
OR... back here for lunch again.
just kidding



*what do you look forward to?
* are you a guacamole kind of person?

**** update: Brett & I just finished listening to the BYU/U basketball game***
Oh my gosh- so intense! Loved it!!
I wish we could have been there & no I an not going to say anything about the punch to the face... not after that max hall comment... even though he had a point ;)

9 comments:

Johnna said...

Hailey the haircut is ADORABLE! I love it. And yes we are jealouse as the CCF is my favorite restaurant! Love you guys!

Johnna said...

okay so I can't spell......

Kristy said...

I love Hailey's hair, I actually ran into to her and Tiffany at Walmart last night and made her take off her hat to show me....WAY CUTE!!!

I am so jealous I LOVE the Cheesecake factory. I hope your red velvet cheesecake was good mine was kind of dry last time :(. Looks like a very fun day!!!

Janae said...

What a fun thong to look forward too:) CCF is THE best:) and it made you think of me...so nice:)
AND Hailey looks seriously cute with her new hair! Very fun!

michelle said...

Seriously cute haircut!

Can you believe I've never been to Cheesecake Factory??

I am definitely a guacamole kind of person. Recipe, please.

I think it's brilliant to have a family plan to keep moods high and stress at bay. We should all do that!

She Loves To Make said...

Mmmm...I LOVE the cheesecake factory! Last time I was there I had the chicken & tomato basil pasta and seriously, it was the best pasta I have ever had. That red velvet cake looks divine!
Hailey looks so stylish with her new hair!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Yum! That is my favorite restaurant. I love it too, because they always bring out bananas and bread for Cole while we figure out what we're ordering. Hailey's hair is adorable!

Karolynn said...

I adore Haileys hair cut! Looks like a fun time! I love red velvet cake. I learned to love it when I lived in the South. YUMMY! I make it for Whitney all the time.

Jill said...

How did I miss this post and the big reveal of Hailey's haircut? I'm behind the times and I'm sorry.

I enjoy The Cheesecake Factory but never go there because it's far from me.