Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Best Christmas Ever

2009 was a wonderful year for the messer family.
I personally looked forward to Christmas all year & it was just as good as I had hoped.
For the first time we had the whole family together including our wonderful son in law- Tony, the former missionary Brian, the former college kid - almost missionary- Jack, and who could forget our our precious Charlie?!
our traditional "Christmas morning on the stairs" photo
Santa must have known it was a special year because he was extra generous!
Trent happily received the two transformers he has been dreaming of & a new scooter for the third year in a row. Somehow by the end of summer his scooters have disappeared- most likely left at one of the neighbor's homes. This year- mom is going to mark it with his name. I'm sometimes a slow learner.
Jack loaded up on new luggage- new scriptures in BYU blue (of course) & a Book Of Mormon in Portuguese- his soon to be- new language, and a great book on Brazil!
Brian got a new camera (the one he had on his mission was purple- it's a long story), scriptures & I can't remember now....?

Hailey & Chloe made out like bandits.
Hailey lucked out with a new ipod touch!!!
Chloe got an Ihome & nano cover.
Santa had already come to Megan's house in Arkansas early but did bring them some treats in their stockings here- not to worry- we made up for that under the tree. It was so fun to see them open the presents we got them. I am glad we chose to have them open their presents here & ship them later - rather than just send them there. I love watching my kids open their presents!


Trent got a "lap top" it didn't take him long to figure out that this is a cool toy- and not the real thing.. oh well- santa's not crazy you know!?

Hailey opening a really cute hat Jack bought her from the BYU bookstore. Let me just say- jack is really good at picking out presents- he scored a home run here!

Some how I got so caught up in the excitement that I didn't take a lot of photos... dang.
I missed - Brian opening things like toasters & food storage containers for his new apartment.
Chloe with new jewelry & a mani pedi set she's excited to use.
Trent's new alarm clock that shows the constellations on the ceiling of his bedroom.
Megan's new food processor & Tony's new wii game.
Charlie's great board books.
AND MORE
It was a perfect day- until the boys got in a fight over nurple purples & Brian broke Jack's finger.
But we won't talk about that...
or the presents I forgot about & brought out a day or two later... do you do that?
One of the best parts- was Christmas Eve.
We had our traditional hoagies & floats - then Brett read the Christmas story out of Luke.
I love my family.
Thank you Father in Heaven above for our blessings- our trials- for the opportunity to live her on this beautiful earth. For freedom, for the gospel, for health & education. For a job. For a home. For good food & good friends. For talents. For love.
I don't know who all reads this- I wish I did.
***
If you are still reading this...
please leave me a comment-
I did not send out Christmas cards this year- I have chosen to go back to sending Valentine's day cards. I would love to send you one. If I don't have your address- or don't know who you are? How will you get one?
***
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
love, patsy

17 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Great post! Christmas was great this year. I'm so glad we were able to all be together.

Johnna said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! Happy New Year!

Love you,

Amanda :-) said...

Hi from the UK, Patsy! My daughter just saw Trent's 'laptop' and stropped: 'Awww, it's NOT FAIR!' She so wanted Santa to bring her a laptop, and TV for her room and a DS game-thing, and he didn't bring any of them! Can you believe it?! Maybe next year...
((I explained to her that Trent's is a CHILDREN'S laptop!))
Hope you have a great 2010. I'm going to give my blog another stab...! xx

Kristy said...

Looks like a fun Christmas. I am glad you got to have everyone for a Christmas before Jack leaves, how special for your family.

It seems boys have a way of ruining things by annoying one another ......it happens at my house every day :).

Glad you had a great Christmas!

Gail said...

I love the on the stairs photo. We do that one too.

I am thinking of doing Valentines cards too. I got the idea from reading My Life In France by Julia Child. I have never managed to do the Christmas Card thing.

Great Post, glad to see the photos are back

michelle said...

Hang on -- Brian broke Jack's finger?? Yikes!

I love watching my children open their gifts, too. How fun to have such a houseful!

So what did you get?

Unknown said...

sounds fun! it was so cute to see your whole family filling up the stairs!!

Kim Sue said...

it all seems a little chaotic at your house in oh such a good way....not only do I have an only child I grew up with one sibling in a very quiet house....yours on the other hand seems anything but quiet!

Kim Sue said...

oh, and YEAH for the return of pictures!

Jill said...

Patsy, I just feel so weepy about your sweet family being all together for Christmas like this! Whitney came in and pointed to the photo of the kids on the stairs and asked "who is the oldest?" and I was able to go down the line and tell her everyone's names and vital stats, apparently I "know" your family! I also scrolled down to Charlie's blessing day so she could see his cutest and she gushed properly.

I'm so glad your family had a good year and that everyone was able to be together and to provided for!

Jill said...

P.S. Brian broke Jack's finger?!

wende said...

you have a beautiful family. i'm glad christmas was as wonderful as you imagined it would be - that is a big wish to live up to. :) i love it when santa is extra generous.

i want a valentine card for sure, but i think you already have my address? :) i will get your photos done this week i PROMISE. i don't know what's taking me so long!

i love you!

Anisha said...

Add me to your reader list too! I love to see what the Messer's are up to.

Linda said...

It sounds like your Christmas was just perfect (even with the finger fiasco!) So glad everyone was able to be together this year!

Happy New Year!

crystal said...

An alarm clock which shines constellations on the ceiling??? WHERE DO I GET ONE??? Tell!

Merry (late) Christmas! Your joy at having your whole family home has spilled over to me every time I check your blog :) Thanks!

Trent is so dang cute.

Beth said...

So fun to see your family all together for Christmas!

I am so happy for the Valentines Day card again... that was my favorite!!

Karrie said...

I love the picture on the stairs...6 kids plus 2 extra how lucky is that?

I'm looking forward to my Valentines card with a picture of all the family.