Tuesday, January 19, 2010

better late than never?

Two weeks ago the blogger mom's had a little baby shower for Janae.
Janae is absolutely the most beautiful pregnant woman I have ever seen.
She seriously glows. Of course, she's just beautiful all the time so I'm sure that helps... I keep thinking that maybe I'll be one of those really pretty old ladies? You know the kind that are always put together & look so fashionable. Something tells me it's not gonna happen?
dang
the kids were mesmerized by tom & jerry
this picture just cracks me up.

Kristy made the most delicious cheesecake- light & fluffy & not too heavy.
Yum!

today-


(front)
I finally delivered my gift.
It took me a little longer than I wanted to, to finish this little quilt.

(back)
But, I love how it turned out!
It's just like I wanted & envisioned ahead of time.
I think my problem with the Christmas quilts was I followed a specific pattern. I think I work better just throwing things together without so much planning. I have this little over planning/over thinking problem....
*do you follow patterns or just wing it?
* don't you love this fabric!!

8 comments:

michelle said...

That quilt is ADORABLE! I've always used patterns for my quilts, but I would love to try one like that...

Kristy said...

The quilt turned out so dang cute!!!

I agree Janae always looks so good and put together. I gave up years ago!

Jill said...

You guys are so sweet! Janae really looks beautiful! I was such a rotund pregnant person and had skin issues so there was nothing beautiful about me at that time.

I love the quilt, especially the measuring tape squares!!

Linda said...

Your friend does look like a beautiful pregnant woman! I was short and round! I'm still that way come to think about it! Yes, dang is right!

The quilt turned out GREAT! I'm not the creative type so following a pattern is about my speed.

Cheesecake...my favorite!

She Loves To Make said...

The quilt is adorable!

wende said...

it was such a fun day - i'm so glad you documented it!

i know she kept saying that she felt "hellish" (her word), but every time i saw her, she just looked beautiful. no fair! especially for baby number six!

the quilt, oh my gosh, the quilt. of course, we love our cowboy quilt, and i've had so many compliments on my christmas quilt - i love it too. so, you can follow a pattern or not, either way, you have awesome taste and they always turn out adorable!

the cheesecake....i've been dreaming about it, and it's a good thing that i don't own the recipe.

crystal said...

OH. MY. HELL.

That is simply the most darling quilt I've ever laid eyes upon!!!!!! I want to copy and do one! Seriously--and I'm scared silly of quilting.

What is that fabric???? Do tell! Please! Email me: maxmom2233@gmail.com

And please-oh-please tell me how to make it! I'll trade you for whatever kitchen-produced delight you request.

Dinner? Once a month for a year?

I'm not kidding. My in-laws live in NSL and I'm up your way at least once a month.

Karrie said...

Love the quilt it turned out so cute!!!

This was such a great day!

Janae is a very beautiful pregnant women even if she said she felt "hellish"