Friday, January 29, 2010

creative thursday - surprise edition

For Kristy's 40th birthday, we planned an extra special creative Thursday this week.
Karrie booked us tickets on a local TV talk show called Good Things Utah.

We headed out of our town early & told Kristy where we were going on the way!
She loves this show & watches it while running on her treadmill. We were super excited to get tickets & surprise her!

We got there a little early & the receptionist asked us to step outside to wait...? we got back in the car - nothing like good ol' fashioned hospitality? It was only around 35 degrees outside- so we got back in the car for 10 minutes.

It was really fun to see around the studio.
I knew they had a small live audience, but today there were only 10-12 of us.


The set was beautiful & everyone was super friendly.

the set was beautiful - it was so fun to see all the behind the scenes stuff going on.


the ladies who host the show were darling and could not have been nicer.

I couldn't get over their shoes. Look at these heals!? All of them had at least 6 inch heals. Holy cow--- it was like walking on stilts & looked so painful to me. I guess I'm an official old lady- cause I don't care how skinny or gorgeous people think they look- they seriously look like torture to me.


There was a segment on choosing the right sized bra (interesting), Kneaders Bakery was there giving a sugar cookie demonstration & gave all the audience members $10 gift cards!

One of the stars of Dancing With The Stars & his mom were there & gave a little dancing lesson. (Boy those heals were working over time)

Then the Seargent Steam company did a demonstration. Let me tell you I
seriously covet those things.

They were gracious & spotlighted Kristy at the end of the show so we were all on TV!!! Plus they let us come up & take pictures with them.

These guys were absolutely darling to Kristy about it being her birthday.

After the show we went to Zinn Bistro for lunch.

This place is amazing. It's where we went for lunch on my birthday last year. The food is fabulous & the bread- I'm not even a super bread lover- but it's worth eating there just for the bread basket!


We had a great time watching Kristy open presents.
It's so fun to go in together & buy something extra special.

It was a great day.
But we missed you janae-
janae is home taking care of her new baby boy Owen .
I'm not sure why I was so tired but I came home & crashed.
Like a seriously dead to the world nap. I couldn't get off the couch- zzzzzzz
what a great day

6 comments:

Janae said...

What a fun day you guys had!! I loved getting to at least watch you all on t.v.:) I want that steamer too after watching the segment on that! Happy birthday Kristy! I'll be there next year for sure:)

Kristy said...

Thanks for everything it was a great day!!!! I am still bummed we didn't get a cookie!!

But I must the picture of me are HORRIBLE and my eyes are closed!!!

michelle said...

SO fun!! I love that you guys went all out to make it a special day for Kristy. She must have been completely thrilled!

Jill said...

What a great birthday surprise for Kristy's 40th!! Score on the Kneaders gift cards!

Jill said...

P.S. I got your text about turning on the TV a couple hours after the show dang it!

wende said...

it was such a fun day - and i was IN LOVE with their high heels. i made a vow to myself to some day be skinny enough to wear jeans and heels like that. pain is beauty man!

and zinn bistro was fabulous, i especially the fighting at the end. :) and that bread basket, oh my gosh, i'm dreaming about it still.