Wednesday, January 20, 2010

marji & me

During Christmas break I got a phone call from my college roommate Marji.
I adore Marji & she was in town!
We met for lunch one afternoon before she left for her home in Houston. We talked & laughed & laughed some more & it was great to see her. Marji was one of my bridesmaids. She is one of my favorite people of all time. She was there when I met & fell in love with Brett. She & I threw water balloons off the balcony at passers by in college. We stayed up late & giggled way too much. She is married to a "U" guy- he's great despite that. She has two beautiful daughters & two handsome sons. She grew up in Utah- I didn't. We think it's funny that I never wanted to be a "utah mormon" and here I am... without her.
I wish she lived closer.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Longtime friends are the BEST! So glad you were able to meet up and reconnect.

michelle said...

How great that you could get together! I just love those kinds of friendships. (And I never thought I would be living in Utah, either...)

crystal said...

Well I finally know who pelted me with that water balloon.

j/k

Unknown said...

I love love getting together with old friends.

Unknown said...

This is Me (Karrie) not Payton...sorry

Jill said...

It's so great to get together with old friends like this. There's nothing quite like getting together with someone who knew you way back when. I love that about my friendship with Michelle.