Wednesday, July 15, 2009

today is my birthday

Warning: this post may contain my own irrational rantings & emotions.
If you will be upset by them-
if you will call my mother or mother in law about this-
please turn back now. You are not really welcome here.
It is MY birthday & I will cry if I want to.
the end.
Happy Birthday to me
Today I am 42!!
(balloons placed on my doorstep by some wonderful person whom I love with all my heart. I really don't know who it was- but I am so touched & feel so loved, thank you)

I really cannot believe I am forty two...?
Who ever thinks they are going to be forty two...?
I'm not upset by this- it just seems surreal, strange, & weird.
Life is surely at least nearly half way over for me.

This is on my mailbox today!
~I LOVE IT~
Photo by trent-
I didn't want to be arrested for going outside in my pj's without a bra... at least that's what I told trent so he would take the photo ;)
I was so delighted to see it there!!
surely there will be good mail in this box today...
If you don't already know it-
I have birthday anticipation issues.
It's true.
It's ugly.
I don't know why- well I do, somewhat, but I am not willing to share all of the details here- it's not pretty & not characteristic of me. Or at least I like to think it is not characteristic of me.
Anyhow....
because my sweet husband could see that I was getting even worse than usual-
he brought me my birthday present a little early last night!
That's right baby- my own beach comber Schwinn in baby blue!!
I am in love
with both of them.

In honor of my new ride & my looming day
we rode down to my favorite restaurant for dinner.

It was a BLast- in unthinkably perfect, July 80 degree weather.
(real summer comes this weekend with temps reaching 100+)
If every summer had weather this perfect- more people would want to live here.
(another photo by t)

We sat on the porch until way after dark & discussed my need for birthday recognition, my fears of being forgotten, why we do the things we do, why we don't do the things we don't do... it was healing for me to just talk & for him to just listen.
Thank you sweetheart for being there for me.
listening & not fixing
I needed that & today I am feeling a lot better.
Now I am going to go put a bra on so trent & I can ride around the neighborhood before it gets too hot & before the blogger moms come to pick me up for a birthday lunch!!

24 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Happy Birthday Patsy! I love you! Those balloons and that mailbox are so sweet and perfect. I hope you have a good day!

michelle said...

Happy birthday, Patsy! I love whoever put those balloons there and decorated your mailbox for you! I love your new bike! I love that you and Brett sat on the porch and talked through everything. I love that you have that darling porch to sit and talk on (jealous)! I love that the blogger moms are taking you out to lunch!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Jill said...

Woohoo for the balloons and the cute mailbox cover and the early gift of your super cool bike!

I understand having anticipation issues as well, and some how came away unscathed this year (thank heaven).

You are loved, won't be forgotten and have lunch plans with the blogger moms, woohoo for that!

Have a great day Patsy! You're a foxy 42 for sure!

Karolynn said...

That is a sweet new bike! Happy birthday! Have fun at lunch! I hate bra's!

She Loves To Make said...

Oh my gosh!!! Me, Chloe and Hailey are all dying over your new bike. It is so cute!!! We love you!

Marcus and Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Patsy! The balloons and the mailbox thing are adorable! We love you!! :)

Gail said...

I did not know if I should laugh or cry. I have some of the same issues and in a couple of months will be the same age. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. You are brave to post about it and it is good to see that you are in no way going to be forgotten today.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Bloggy Friend!!

Love that you got to celebrate a little early with the super cool cruiser bike and treats. It's beyond wonderful that you were able to talk through your birthday fears and anxiety with Brett--and he took it all in without trying to fix it. Listening can NEVER be over rated. What a man!

Enjoy your blogger mom lunch (how sweet and fun) and love the balloons and mailbox sign.

No way can you be forgotten. Wasn't that a jr. high yearbook thing? 2sweet2B4gotten. LYLAS!

PaD said...

Happy birthday!!! I hope it's a great birthday week. Love ya, Mom

Jill said...

Hey Patsy, I've been thinking about you today and am hoping you're having a great day. Remember to chant, "I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful" over and over again.

Brit said...

Happy Birthday Patsy! I hope you have a marvelous day! I love you!!!

Johnna said...

Hope you are having an amazing day!
Happy Birthday and I love you too!

Johnna

jakenapril said...

happy birthday, patsy! i'm sure you had a wonderful day, i'm sure of it.

Unknown said...

I don't know about you...but I loved your birthday and would love to do it all over again...it was a total blast!!!!

You are the BEST!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! i hope it was a good one:)

wende said...

oh patsy. how could we forget about you? you're the glue that holds us all together!

i love you. majorly. a lot. tons. you're one of my favorite people. ever. the end.

and i'm totally stinkin' jealous of your new super sweet ride. and i love your sweet husband. what a guy. thank heaven for good listening husbands. :)

and jill's right... you ARE foxy for 42! :) love you.

Unknown said...

happy birthday to my sweet, blogging friend! i am so touched by the balloons and mailbox cover... what amazing friends and family you have!

as i was reading, i was really hoping you put that bra on before riding into town for dinner!!

Marie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had an amazing day!!

shannon said...

Happiest birthday wishes, my friend! Hope you had a happy day! :)

4 flood gates said...

Happy, happy birthday for 10 more mins.! So sorry I couldn't join you for lunch yesterday. No one is throwing up yet tonight, so maybe we're about over it. I'm hoping to find the cupcake place in Orem tomorrow thanks to your post about it. :) Sherri

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Patsy!!!!! I am so glad you had a nice day yesterday it was a ton of fun and we need to do it more often!

I hope yesterday helped get your mind off things and hope you had a nice evening!

You are an awesome friend and I am so BLESSED to call you my friend! Love ya lots!!!!

LaRae said...

I love your new bike! You have a great hubby who gives great gifts:)
We could never forget ya, we all love ya too much:)
Happy, happy birthday!

Janae said...

Whoops...that was me janae, signed is as my sis...

Rachel said...

Holy cow, look at all those comments! I don't think I've EVER had to scroll down so much to leave a comment on a blog. YOU ARE SO LOVED!!! And forgotten? No way, no how, never ever ever. I hope your day was perfect.

Also? I am GREEN with envy over your new bike! So cute! I'm totally showing this to my husband ... maybe for my birthday ... a girl can dream, right? :)