Tuesday, July 28, 2009

monday busy

Yesterday Wende & I dropped off Hailey at EFY!
She is so excited to be here!
She went last year too, so she's kind of a pro at it... this year she decided to be adventurous & go without a roommate- yep- she's trying her luck at the system giving her a roommate.
I was nervous about it, but she wasn't & when she met her new friend from Canada- she exclaimed- YES! I'VE GOT A COOL ROOMMATE!
which either thrilled or scared her knew friend to be?
After driving to the location & seeing the horrendous line to check in we decided to go to lunch first (much to Hailey's disappointment.) I cannot- I repeat- I cannot- handle heat. I wasn't about to stand in line, in the full sun, on a 100 degree day, with 400+ people! I am not exaggerating- I never exaggerate...
Sure enough, after lunch around 1:00 (check in was from 11:00-2:00) we strolled on up to the registration line & WALKED RIGHT UP BABY. No line- no one there- nada.
Hailey was so relieved, and I only gloated a little-tinsy-bit.
Wende came with me, not only because she is a dear friend, but because we were headed to one of the state's largest quilt shows afterward in a town close by.
We got there & oops- it wasn't open on Mondays.
DANG IT- oh well, thanks for spending the day with me wende.
We both brought littles with us (okay, trent isn't so little anymore...) and they were so good! I couldn't believe it- really they were great to take along. It was a lot of "in the car" time. So we stopped at the mall & each of them got a special toy- so spoiled- and played while we took turns looking around...
Plus- Us mom's got treats too!

It was a great fun day!
I miss you Hailey if you get the chance to read this-
Trent cried for a half hour after we dropped you off.
I told you he loves you!
I love you too- mom

8 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I'm glad Hailey is able to go to EFY. I'm so with you on the heat...I can't take it either! P.S. I'm soooo jealous you went to See's :(

Karolynn said...

Hailey will do great with her roommate! She is so fun and easy to talk to! Gosh I want to grab that See's bag right from the monitor. I am glad you had a nice day with a good friend even though the museum was closed.

Janae said...

Ok...I'm with Megan on the See's! I just can't believe there is not one down town anymore!! so annoying.
Anyway, what a fun day. What a blast Hailey is going to have. I would of loved to have been Hailey's roommate at EFY. She is such a fun girl:)

michelle said...

I cannot handle heat either! And I'm always relieved to know I'm not alone.

Would that be the Springville quilt show? I've never been and always wanted to go!

I love Archiver's too. Everything's more fun with a buddy.

Jill said...

I'm happy to find out that your no-tolerance for heat ended up benefiting you all and keeping you out of that heinous line!

It's so sweet that Trent cried for a half hour after dropping Hailey off.

wende said...

ok, so you left out the funniest part of the day! (ethan telling hailey's brand new stranger room mate that now he poops in the potty!) poor hailey, i hope she doesn't hate us now for embarrassing her so bad! :)

ok, so the quilt show was a bust, but it was still SUCH a fun day. man i love that archiver's store! wahoo!

and...lunch was more fun because hailey came and i have ZERO tolerence for heat. seriously. remember me having a panic attack in the car over the "hot" air? yea, i wouldn't have waited in the line for $100! it was nuts.

next year...taylor is headed to EFY, maybe allie too. i love that this is such a strong tradition at your house. what a blessing!

i love you. and dang it, i want to see those quilts!

jakenapril said...

oh, efy! so much fun. and what a fun day you both had...well, except for the quilt thing. oh well. at least you went to see's!!

Kristy said...

Too bad the quilt show was closed that day....I guess that means another trip down there.

Hailey will have a ton of fun at EFY. Emily went in the freezing cold weather back in June and Hailey gets the heat....I am not sure which is worse!