Thursday, July 16, 2009

such a good- day!

I was not disappointed NOT AT all on my birthday.
Frankly, I never am... really, it's all in my head- you know-
we all want to be loved.
So do I.
I feel love in my life-
every. single. day.
Some days more than others-
but the thought of not being acknowledged on my birthday is painful for me & the anticipation of it is of course, worse than it should be. So- hooray! another birthday done & now I can move on with my week, month, year... life... laundry... dishes... dogs- oh the dogs.
(I won't go there- no not today)
Of course there was good mail!!!
I have gotten so much fantastic good mail this week-
Jill
Kim Sue
Shannnon
You guys are amazing friends & I wish I could magically spend a day with each of you! I feel as though I know my serious bloggy friends- those that I read EVEryday- I do know you & I am addicted to your lives & love to read about them- I obsessively read about you all & love every minute of it.
Speaking of bloggy friends-
The blogger moms took me to the Zinn Bistro for lunch- OH MY GOODNess!!
The food & atmosphere was divine!
Although the service was a bit- soup nazish... to say the least... I didn't care, it was worth it- seriously- worth it. It was a cottagie little place (oh how i love the cottage look & feel) with over the top fabulous food! I thought to myself- this place is so Michelle worthy- if you read Michelle, you'll know what I mean. Even the potato chips were homemade & the bread basket-- oh my gosh- full of homemade popovers & sweet breads- W0W.
Of course I have been absolutely spoiled with gifts- spoiled rotten!
Karen started it by taking me to lunch the day before & now this- gifts galore.
Lovely- such a lovely day.
AFter lunch I took these gals to my favorite store of all time...
Emily Jane
on 8th & 8th downtown.

do me a favor- and don't go there- seriously
I love this place so much.
Everything is a one of a kind consignment & I don't mind not sharing.

In fact for my birthday I really wanted to buy containers for my laundry soap to go with my new washer & dryer. I have searched the thrift stores, even walmart for something just right - and of course I found these here:

Perfect!
I am putting some vinyl letters on them soon!
so cute & such a great deal.
***
There was more shopping, dinner with my sweetheart, more gifts, friends & I loved it!
The highlight of my day
was coming home to see all the sweet birthday comments here.
-wow- guys- perfect-
Nothing is better than a comment on your birthday!
How did you know that was exactly what I wanted?
thank you for reading, thank you for making me feel loved on my birthday. I really want to be the kind of person who makes other people feel special because it means so much to me.
SO
LEAVE ME A COMMENT WITH YOUR BIRTH DATE TODAY
and I will put you on my birthday calendar
PLUS
send you a surprise right away!!
don't be shy-- comment away--seriously if you haven't commented before:
this is the day to do it!
again:
thanks to my sweet friends & family for making my day/week such a good one

14 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm not shy!!

i'll be 40 on november 25th!!

:)

Jill said...

I am SO, SO happy that you had such a great day! What a treat to have lunch and gifts with the blogger moms and then to shop at that darling store. It looks like a place I would love! Hooray for making it through another birthday!!

michelle said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you had a good birthday, Patsy! (and I'm glad you consider it your birthday week...)

I want to go to that restaurant! And I NEED to go to that store!!

OK. My birthday is March 14.

Linda said...

Congrats on your birthday! It looks and sounds like it was a perfect day all around!

(I've commented only a few times before...coming over via Jill).

I've stopped having them, but my birthday is Sept 24th.

jakenapril said...

so glad you had such a wonderful day. although i have to (honestly) say that i'm not surprised.

i love emily jane...in fact, i was wondering where it went from hwy 89 in b'ful. glad to know it's just a hop, skip, and a jump downtown.

hope 43 is just as sweet, or better yet, even sweeter!

jakenapril said...

p.s. my birthday is may 7th.

Janae said...

So glad your day turned out fun:)
I am so sad i missed the shopping. you guys are going to have to take me there...it looks wonderful!
i'm glad you liked your lunch...i loved it too:) happy b-day!

wende said...

the whole day was so much fun! i am officially addicted to that fabulous emily jayne store! whoo hoo for great finds at good prices!

the restaurant was awesome - but really, could the waiter have at least smiled once? why did we tip him 25% again? how could such an angry family have such a beautiful restaurant.

and, this is not a lie...i DREAMED about that fabulous bread basket last night. and when i woke up, it was right there, stuck to my butt. but it was worth it! to hell with a nice body!

Kristy said...

What a fabulous day!!!!!! The food, the company and the shopping!!! I think we need to do this more often....the shopping and lunch at Zinn Bistro. Wende is right the pastries so yummy!!!

I am glad you had a great day!! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Kim Sue said...

geeze, I wish 8th & 8th was in my town because I would so be going there tomorrow...just the stuff outside has me wishing!

glad you are having a good birthday week and that the good mail made it your way....don't let birthdays overwhelm you, make them what you want them to be!

bday....September 13

shannon said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday! I love the picture of all you guys together...

I MUST go to Emily Jane...sounds like my kind of place...

Karolynn said...

That looked like one amazing day! I am glad you had a great birthday! My birthday is January 4th

Karolynn said...

That looked like one amazing day! I am glad you had a great birthday! My birthday is January 4th

Amie said...

I just had a birthday too. I relate to so many of your birthday thoughts. If I were a zodiac kind of girl I would think maybe our same sign is why I feel like I get it when you write.... Sorry I should come around more and comment more... every time I do I think "I like her."

Anyway.... Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you had a good one.