Wednesday, July 8, 2009

my kind of swimming

Even though I gave myself the gift of not going to the pool for my fortieth birthday... I went today- well tonight really. The girls had girl's camp certification, dad had a two hour meeting, jack was around -- so Trent picked a friend & we headed off to the pool at 6:30 PM.
That meant: It wasn't crowded, there was plenty of shade, cool breezes, and a book for me-
NOt too shabby!

I may just give into this kind of pool experience.

I didn't even put on a swim suit...

~Nice~

11 comments:

Jill said...

I love reading at the pool! I'm glad you had a good experience and didn't even have to wear a bathing suit!

Anonymous said...

haha! that is my kind of swimming too!!

you crack me up:)

She Loves To Make said...

That is a perfect time to go to the pool! I'm the same way!

Kim Sue said...

that's my very favorite time to be at the pool. we don't have a pool membership this year but in the past I love the two fridays a month that they stayed open until 8:00

Karolynn said...

That is one perfect pool trip to me! Glad it went so well!

Karrie said...

See you don't have to give up taking your kids to the pool...think of all the reading you could catch up on ...or all the hand work you could do at the pool....just as long as no one poops in it!!!!

Kristy said...

That is the best way to enjoy the pool!

Unknown said...

sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I have never read at the pool, it sounds nice- but don't you get hot?!?! I love cooling off in the water :)

michelle said...

That is one cool pool! That looks like my kind of swimming as well -- and the perfect time of day so you can stay cool while staying on the sidelines.

shannon said...

I wish that I could sit on the sidelines...my kids aren't very strong swimmers so I have to be in there with them...

Why don't we have pools like that?!
Look at those mountains in the distance!