Monday, July 20, 2009

when was the last time you played monopoly?

So- again- Trent & I missed church yesterday...
I don't think I have ever missed more church in my life than this past few months!? Trent came down with a low grade fever & sore throat Saturday night. I ran him into instacare right away (wondering if last month's strep was still hanging around?) No strep, but ya- everything is "going around." Including this latest virus. Have you ever seen a summer with so many illnesses going around, or is it just my town?
So T- bored out of his mind- decided to give his stuffed Zore a bath & wanted me to take a picture. All animals stuffed etc.. are or should be name Zore in Trent's mind. We have had a couple of "Zore" goldfish & stuffed animals now.

We played Sequence- he beat me.
Then, this version of MOnopoly- he beat me again.
This morning- bright & early- with a fever of 99.1- he has successfully beat me at monopoly again. He can't go to tennis & I am in for a long day....
Even with the fever- last night was a special night!
Jack's buddies came for dinner then our Bishop & High Council man- because Jack was ordained an Elder in our church. Marcus & Brittany (the newlyweds) were here too. Where is their picture... ? All the monopoly has taken it's toll.

Have I told you lately how much I adore this guy?
I think it's the hair..... ??
I Love this guy's hair. I love how it is all messy all the time- & red & fiery.
It has been great to have him around this summer & I dread him leaving- although-- ya, again I will say it again- I am THRILLED he is going to the "Y" -that is the only reason I will not be crying on moving day. I am planning on doing a post all about his bedroom before he moves- I could be arrested for poor parenting & he would be mortified, but I think for posterity's sake-
it has to be done.
That is, if I can shove the door open & don't catch some sort of disease before I can post the photos... it's scary place! He says, "why clean it now? I have to clean it when I move out in a month anyway." Such reasoning... it's easy to imagine how he got into such a prestigious college isn't it?
After all the excitement these guys had a rousing game of "executive monopoly" that's what they called it since they were all in white shirts & ties. Zach pretty much wiped everyone up with the board! Way to go Zach!
It's impossible for a mom not to love these boys!
So- really, when was the last time YOU played Monopoly?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really do monopoly. I used to pretend to like it and play with friends, but it feels like a pointless game to me when there are at least 20 other ones I would rather play and enjoy!

Jack does have pretty awesome hair :)

Karolynn said...

Sorry Trent is sick. Poor guy! Congratulations to Jack. He is a great guy and I love his hair too!

She Loves To Make said...

We played monopoly a couple months ago...I forgot how LONG that game is! You really should do a post on Jack's room :)

Janae said...

Congrats to Jack! What a great day:)
Sorry, Trent has been ill...stuff is definitely going around!!~driving me a "little insane".
I love Jack's hair and would love to see that post on the dirty room.

Kristy said...

Congrats Jack!!!!

I hope Trent is feeling better....what the heck is up with all of these "things" going around this summer???????

I can't wait to Jack's room maybe I would feel better about how my boys' rooms look and they are right across from mine!!!

Jill said...

I only like the beginning part of Monopoly. I get grumpy as soon as I start having to pay for landing on other people's properties. It's too real life for me.

michelle said...

I enjoy Monopoly. Playing it with Marc and Lucas gets a little rough, however. They are both ruthless. I never win.

Sorry Trent has been sick, being sick in the summer seems somehow worse to me.

Jack does have great hair. I love that his friends came over and played executive Monopoly! You are the fun house for sure.

Karrie said...

Congrats Jack!!!!

I hope everyone is feeling better now....I really don't like board games that much...but if I get into it WATCH OUT!