Tuesday, July 21, 2009

just journaling

Jack & Trent~ "fishing buds"
The girl's come home tonight-
Their flight was delayed 2 hours... so they don't get in until 11:55 PM.
Still, I cannot wait. I miss them so much. The house feels dead with only jack & trent milling around. I don't know what Brett & I will do when all the kids move away? It's a good thing they leave one at a time- so we can slowly adjust!

Brett took the boys fishing for FHE last night. I stayed home- nice.
I haven't made dinner most of the week- maybe twice. It just doesn't seem worth it- making dinner for Trent, Brett & I- Trent won't really eat a lot until after seven & jack is usually running off somewhere. I know that's just plain silly. But old habits die hard. I don't even know how to cook for less than six people. I bought fabric for the baby bedding today :)
I love it. I am not starting until I finish Chloe's quilts - which came back from the quilter over a week ago. I am nearly done with one binding & just have to get the second one done now. It's a slow process - this summer is going so fast & so slow at the same time. For some reason we are all just tired- maybe it is the heat. I even checked the carbon monoxide detector (we have a gas drier) ... because every one of us is feels like we are running on empty- except for the dogs. They are running at regular annoying speeds.

Trent is better & went to day camp today. He is loving it! I am so glad I signed him up, it has been just what he needed this summer.

8 comments:

Jill said...

I love this sentence about the dogs, "They are running at regular annoying speeds."

That's weird that you're all feeling so tired, it really must be the heat. It has been ridiculously hot.

Hooray for the girls coming home!

Karrie said...

I love the fabric and can't wait to see Chloe's quilt and the baby bedding done...they will be sooo cute!

I don't know what to think about being tired...maybe you are under a spell..or the heat

michelle said...

"every one of us is feels like we are running on empty- except for the dogs. They are running at regular annoying speeds." That just cracked me up!

I love love love binding quilts. Not so much the process, but more the transformation from before the binding to after. It's like night and day!

I feel the same way about the kids growing up and moving away...

She Loves To Make said...

I LOVE the baby fabric--so cute! I can't wait to see it and to see Chloe's finished quilts.
Cute picture of Jack and Trent. I swear Jack is looking older...when Brian gets home, he's going to flip when he sees Jack!

Kristy said...

I love the fabric and can't wait to see it in person! It looks so dang cute!!

I have basement cleaned up so you can look at flannel anytime now and pick some. My Mom will teach who ever wants to learn.

I have no energy either this summer...it must be in the air!!!

jakenapril said...

i'm sure that'll be nice (for a while at least, right) to have a full house, cooking for six, and getting back in the "groove" before school starts.
and yeah, it's hard to cook for less than six. i still don't think i've fully adjusted...a 9x13 is a 9x13, only i usually eat all the leftovers. yeah, like i need to!

Janae said...

what great fishing buds those two are:)
I love the baby fabric...so fun! Can't wait to see the final outcome.
I think the heat can be very fatiguing!

crystal said...

Patsy! I've been wanting to sew baby Jack some crib bedding for FOREVER, but I am too intimidated to dig in. Is it hard? Any pointers? Email me when you get 5 seconds to string together! Ha.