Wednesday, November 26, 2008

raw gratitude

Today I am thankful that NO ONE is going to mention:
1. cell phones
2. cell phone plans
3. sim cards
4. tricking me into "trading" phones
5. blu tooth
6. blu teeth
7. pay as you go plans
8. AT & T
9. Blackberries
10. The Unusable, No plaN, blackberry that a friend in Brett's office gave him- much to his distress because it doesn't work.
11. The untrue fact that he may need to make an emergency call to 911 if our house is on fire & the phones are all not working and the neighbors are all gone.... ?
12. "everyone has one"- which is a LIE
(even though last week after school, across town, we saw a little girl about kindergarten age, walking & talking on one... if I knew her or her parents I would slap them. Trent just about flew out of his seat...Proof that someone Younger than him has one- "look that girl has a cell phone!!" I bet it's a toy I said- I bet she's borrowing it from her mother, I said... no luck convincing him)


NO ONE will mention these things...
Because, if anyone mentions these things-
SANTA WILL HEAR HIM!
and you know what that means!?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i might have to use this reasoning in my house!

love it, patsy. the rawness and all!! good luck :)

Jill said...

This is hilarious from where I sit!

Kristy said...

Trent you better be good so you can get some Christmas presents from Santa!!!!

michelle said...

Oh boy. Hell is right!

Janae said...

oh my...I really hope you had your day of peace and quiet:)

Kim Sue said...

I finally told my daughter "do.not.ask.anymore.in.fact.do.not.ask.again.for.5.years" and in a very serious voice I told her that to ask anymore would only get her in trouble and we would revisit the conversation again when she is 13 (she's 8). So, I know. I know what you are talking about.