Wednesday, November 5, 2008

grandma & grandpa's house

Breakfast at Grandma's house is always over the top. There is homemade bread for toast & french toast. Homemade jam, juice, milk, scrambled eggs & fruit.Grandma tells the greatest stories from her youth. I think she was telling us here how she road the bus to school & even in the snow they had to get out of the bus to go over a bridge- everyday. I guess they were worried the bus wouldn't make it with the kids on it too.Grandpa is definitely all cowboy.
Here is his cowboy kitchen.
There are always unheard of amazing things to be found in the garage- seriously-
Jack is modeling Great Grandpa's bear skin coat.
Great Grandpa was in college in the 1920's-
I wonder if he wore this during the flapper days?

Chloe found Bretts sister's old cowgirl boots.
Perfect fit- cute huh?!

These old games are so much fun. Brett & the kids played Masterpiece.
Do you remember that old game? Stephanie had it & we used to play it in between church meetings on Sundays- back before the block meeting-
when we used to go to church twice on Sundays. Boy that brings back memories.Jack the literary genius couldn't get enough Calvin & Hobbes this trip.
This is Grandpa's chair- I think you can find him watching TV aka:sleeping most nights ;)

If you're not convinced this is cowboy country- this over the living room will do it.
It hangs right over Grandpa's chair.

I think this skull is really cool- I bet there's a story behind it...

{Brett teaching his mom to play sudoku}

There are pictures of the family all around Grandma's house.
I love these of Brett & his sister's Senior H.S. pictures.
Doesn't he look like the missionary? Amazing!

Grandma & Grandpa's house in Wyoming will always be a special place for us.
Thanks for having us. We love it!


13 comments:

jakenapril said...

there is something about grandma and grandpa's house...and isn't it great? i just love to reminisce and so i thank you for the recent posts. oh, the good old days!

Jill said...

That over the top breakfast looks so good! A visit to the grandparents' house should definitely involve such a breakfast.

It's fun to see all the cowboy gear and the high school photos, your boys definitely look like Brett!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

That breakfast does look delicious! Their house looks like a lot of fun... I love the coziness of grandparent's houses.

Kristy said...

Fun post and great memories! I wish my kids still had more grandparents alive so they could enjoy them! I can't believe all the old things you found at Grandpa and Grandma's house !

Johnna said...

What a fun place to go. I know that they loved having you all there! Have a great day!

Beth said...

I love the comfort of "going home" the traditions, the keepsakes, the memories, and being able to share that with your children and spouse... what a blessing!

Karrie said...

What an awesome home...I LOVE IT! I want to find one for us.

P.S. I think you should ask if you guys could inherit the skull....it would look great in your living room...don't ya think?

Sudoku is the best thing for grandma to learn....very engaging...cute that Jack was teaching her.

michelle said...

I love breakfast at Grandma's. I have some school pictures that have that dual-view!

wende said...

those old-school photographs with the two in one shot are so great! it's crazy how much your boys look like brett.

i love over the top breakfast. i am going to be that kind of cool grandma, except, i don't have any old toys. i spend too much time sending crap to the DI. i guess there are plus sides to have old stuff hanging around in the closets! great post patsy!

She Loves To Make said...

I LOVE those pictures of dad and his sisters. They are so funny. I wish we could have gone up with you guys!

Janae said...

What a great trip you guys had! A wonderful post and great memories:)

Karolynn said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the look of the home!

Stacie said...

Aren't Grandma's the best for big breakfasts!! That looked so yummy!

I love the old games!! Do you remember at Kerby's parents cabin all those really old games--they don't make anymore--that are probably missing most of the pieces--but they just can't seem to throw away! ;)