Sunday, November 30, 2008

great weekend

After some Black Friday shopping we all went to see --
This- it was FAnTastIC!! Even Brett said on the way out-
that was the best Disney I've seen in a long time.
We loved the 3-D, even though the movie would have been great without it.
We ran home, packed up,
then left Megan & Tony and drove 4 1/2 hours to my parents
house to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday! His birthday is officially today- see post below.
We celebrated a day early & it was so great to be there with him & my mom!

What an amazing accomplishment- to be 80 and in near perfect health!
Such a blessing
All the pictures I took are lame. (I took hardly any) I don't know what was up with that!? but I am not happy about it. I just have so much fun relaxing at mom & dad's house I forget about taking pictures every time! Oh man- I can't believe I didn't take better pictures?
On the way out of the driveway Trent had to give double hugs then he yelled advice to Grandma out the window. "If you go on a walk, don't twist your ankle & fall down a cliff! But if you do fall down a cliff- grab onto a branch on the way down!" This was very serious advice & much appreciated by grandma. As we were driving away I told him that was nice to give grandma that advice & he said, "I just want her to survive."
(I think that is a compliment mom!?)
Highlights I didn't photograph:
Grandma
the new book she made me
Aunt debbie & uncle pat & their new house
shopping with my mom
swimming in the pool
mom's biscuits & gravy for breakfast- (heaven on earth)
trent spending the night with aunt debbie
the teens staying up late & watching movies
pat bbqing the most amazing food for dad's birthday party
I'm sure there's more...
***
We stopped to get burgers on the way out of town.
The last time we were in town I didn't realize this place was here.
I nearly gave brett a heart attack when I screamed with excitement- sorry.
So this time we didn't miss it!
He suggested I get out & he take my picture... ha ha ha ha ha
ya- NO WAY. That's all I need a picture of myself in front of a burger joint.
Proof of my weakness.
Plus these pictures are way too cute!

Then- we drove & drove & I must have gotten a little crazy because we stopped to go to the bathroom & look what followed us home....

the cutest 2 1/2 month old little puggle (half beagle, half pug) in the world.
Isn't he cute?!!
We stopped again for a different kind of potty break.
So now - we are home - with a new member of the family- that we bought on the Sabbath.
Brett says we should name him satan. We were driving home & didn't even think about it being Sunday, driving home & missing church & all... Oh boy-
But for now- his name is Bronco, after Bronco Mendenhall the BYU football coach-surprise, surprise, jack named him...
I think his name should be Brutus. He looks like a Brutus- don't you think?
*have you ever came home with a puppy?
*do you like- Satan (that's a joke)
Brutus or Bronco?

11 comments:

Jill said...

I haven't heard anything about that Disney movie, how is that possible? I only saw lots of people going into it at the theater when Lori and I went to see Four Christmases (which was terrible).

What IS up with you not taking more pictures??

Your puppy is so cute, how is Max responding?

I vote for Bronco!

Holly said...

Okay, I didn't know you were one of those crazy Black Friday shoppers. Hope that went well!

Your sweet Grandpa!! Love that picture.

Your In and Out photo could be your Christmas card. Very, very cute!

Unknown said...

huh. it wasn't in 3D when we saw it. and jack was maaaaad!

Beth said...

Wow what a weekend!

Sounds like we totally missed out! Dad looks great as usual! I am so glad you guys went down. What a milestone birthday.

I am crying I missed more of Pat's great bbq, and Mom's bisquits and gravy, and In and Out burger!!!! ACCCKKKK!!!!! But so glad you guys were there to enjoy!

Your brother called him Saturday and never could get him (now I know why... you guys were all there partying) and then finally got him on Sunday for his birthday... he was thrilled with ALL the cards that were flooding in!!! Good Job, and way to think ahead!!!

A PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my dear, how cute he is!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Bronco... really alot I do!!! but he totally looks like a Brutus! I need to know how Max is doing with all this... tell him Auntie is concerned and loves him!!

What a great post, thank you for sharing!!!

BIG HUGS!!!!

PaD said...

I like Brutus too. He does look like a Brute. But Bronco is cute. He looks like a really sweet dog. I hope I'm not allergic to him. I am so allergic to labs so don't get to go to my son's home because he has two. That's one way of getting rid of your parents coming to see you too much. If they're allergic to cats you could get 3 or 4 of them too. Just joking. I love dogs. I'm just jealous. I want one too.

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love Grandma's biscuits and gravy! Your new puppy is so adorable... I like the name Bronco.

Kristy said...

We think you should name him King Louie after Louie Sakoda...the kicker for the UTES!!!!! That is our vote! (It was Jake's suggestion)

michelle said...

I love this post!

"I just want her to survive." That kid kills me, Patsy. (in a good way!)

I have never come home with a puppy. My husband has, though...

I like Brutus. Or Satan!

Janae said...

What great pictures...the in-n-out hats are really the best! What a cute dog you guys came home with. Glad that Trent is thinking of Grandma:)
Happy b-day to your dad!

wende said...

i love trent's advise to grandma, that is too funny. i'm so glad they connected on this trip.

he seems too tiny to be a bronco, but it will grow on me if you decide to name him that...

that'll teach you to ever stop to go potty on a long drive ever again! you'll just have to hold it from now on.

wende said...

oh, one more thing, we LOVED bolt and we didn't see it in 3-D because they make rich and i nauseated! it was wonderful w/o the 3D stuff, it was just so funny!