Wednesday, November 19, 2008

help wanted?

Brett & I came home late last night with Chloe
from nutcracker dress rehearsal to this...
Trent had spent his afternoon/night with Jack & Hailey- who by-the-way were awesome bbsitters & even did his home reading with him!!- looking through the Target Christmas catalog. He had picked out Christmas presents for everyone in the family. Funny though considering all the gifts he picked out for us-- were things he wants too. Such as an ICoaster for me?-
that kid is always thinkin'!
Jack told him he needed money to pay for all those presents...
Trent's reply- I can just use checks...
I know where dad keeps them.
(does this worry you as much as me?)
Anyhow- after many long conversations with Jack- Trent decided he needed to find a job. He found the want ads from the day's paper & circled all his favorite prospects.
Good news mom-
7-11 & Iggy's sports bar & grill are hiring.
Oh my
Trent- you have to be over 21 to work at those places-
they sell beer.
WHAT? they sell beer??
I will smash down all the beer machines &
put up a vanilla milk shake machine- then I can work there!
OH BoY... It was a long night getting him to go to sleep

11 comments:

Kristy said...

Too funny!!!! Trent is a smart kid! Good luck with this maybe he has forgot about his phone plan.

She Loves To Make said...

LOL that is hilarious! Trent is a thinker!

Kari Sweeten said...

I needed a good laugh today!! Thanks! Trent says the funniest things.

jakenapril said...

fun. we're always telling makenna (who's 6) to get a job. maybe she and trent can open up their own place that sells vanilla milk shakes...a kid's place. whaddya think?

Jill said...

He's so funny. There must be some kind of job he can do/get to earn some money for Christmas.

wende said...

i will buy vanilla shakes from trent any day! and smashing down all the beer machines sounds like a great idea!

i swear, trent is my favorite person on the planet. i love that kid! - great photo by the way!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

He is so smart... I wish I had some of his ambition:)

Karolynn said...

I love how he is going to replace the beer with milk shakes! He is a great kid!

Janae said...

Trent is a busy thinker...he's always coming up with a plan:) he's too cute, I hope you enjoy your ICoaster;)

Karrie said...

I love this kid...if he gets a job then the next thing is a cell phone...you know that right...he can afford his own plan.

michelle said...

Oh my gosh. I know that parenting a child like Trent must be exhausting, Patsy, but I am so glad you share all of this. He is SO hilarious. Rewards for all your hard work! (I am so glad you can see the humor in it all.)

Just make sure he is not practicing Brett's signature...