Saturday, November 8, 2008

good idea - or just a big mess?

I am really lucky to have two pantries in my kitchen. My house is over 25 years old though & I think the paint inside the pantries is original. It was looking pretty bad. I have always wanted to paint the inside a color- just to brighten things up. So, Thursday I did it- cleaned out the pantry & started painting.I guess I didn't really think it through.
Here it is Saturday morning & the mess is still here. The shelves have to dry extra long-
they will be covered in cans & heavy stuff
so we need to make sure the paint has cured.
Oh boy- I didn't mean for this to be a project Brett helped with, but here he is- what a guy. I think he is opting to paint rather than deal with the nine year old?
The problem with painting ONE thing is that you then notice every other dirty thing around that needs a coat of paint too!
Oh the Humanity!
I kind of wish I would've just let it be- It's going to be worth it- right?!

12 comments:

wende said...

painting projects ALWAYS take longer than i budget for. the original three cabinets that i started are still out in the garage waiting to be finished. it's not because i'm trying to avoid being out there, life just gets busy!

good luck!

andrea said...

I love how one of your labels is "hell." How true it is. It will definitely be worth it though. I've been pulling stuff out the past couple of days too and it feels so good to purge.

michelle said...

It will be totally worth it! And soon. Just wait until it's finished and you get to put everything away and it looks fabulous!

At least you have Brett helping. So what color are you doing?

Kristy said...

One project always leads to another!!! I hope you can put back together your kitchen soon!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

It is definitely going to be worth it!

Unknown said...

i would have probably put all those heavy things back too soon, and then be stressed out over ruining a brand new paint job!

Karrie said...

These are exactly the same reasons why I'm afraid to start painting my family room/hallway/front room/bedroom/etc.

Karolynn said...

I know it is a lot of work, but it is also very rewarding! It was nice seeing you today! I really thought your hair looked great. Did you get it cut? Cute!

Jill said...

I feel like every project I start, but especially home projects, always turn out to be way more work than I thought they'd be. I guess it's a good thing that I don't realize what a mess they'll be or I probably wouldn't start them in the first place.

I'm sure you'll be thrilled with the change at your house!

Carrie said...

Painting!! It is hell isn't it

Cecilia said...

It will be totally worth it!
Painting is actually on my TO DO LIST...We'll see if I'll be able to finish before Christmas...LOL!

Janae said...

It's looking awesome! I know not the mess, but the pantry:)
It will be worth it...I have to say that I wanted to paint mine too...but, maybe I'll wait for awhile:)