Wednesday, November 12, 2008

one year

today is it- our
ONE YEAR MARK
it is so hard to believe!
If you are nuts & have absolutely nothing else to do today...
Or just this from his email yesterday-
"So to get from Puerto Aysen to Chiloe, ps, I am in Castro (thats the name of the city) I had to take a bus to Coyhaique (one hour) we then took a small van to the airport (one hour) We then flew to Puerto Montt (one hour) and then we took a bus to the boat (one hour) we took the bus right up on the boat and the boat took us across to the island (20 minutes) we then took a bus to Ancud (one hour) and then we took a bus to Castro (2 hours) I havent sat so much since I left the mtc jajaja.
The journey was definitely a beautiful one. On the boat we saw sea lions and YES WE SAW PENGUINS SWIMMING IN THE OCEAN that was really cool. They were a smaller breed so they werent the really big white and black ones that you always see in the movies and stuff. they were smaller but still white and black and it was awesome!
Here in Gamboa (that is only the name of my area) we have a branch. I got to introduce myself on sunday.) They seem like really great people.Yes we have chapel... Thank goodness! I hated being in a house in Futrono. The Chapel is about half way up a huge hill on the upper half of our area that over looks the ocean. It is more like a bay but you can see the water there and when you are in the classes and they open the windows you get a really nice view and can see the men out at sea fishing and everything... I am definitely in a different world here."
I still can't believe it's been a year!

8 comments:

Kristy said...

The big count down has begun! Just think you only have approximately 12 fast Sundays(give or take 1 or 2 depending on when he comes home)!!

He has done an awesome job serving the Lord, you should be very proud of him!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Wow! A whole year! It has been an eventful one! I can't wait for Brian to get back.

Jill said...

It sounds like he's in an amazing place. Congratulations on the year mark!

Karrie said...

You made it 1 year...the next one will be easier. I want to see this place where he is it sounds so incredible.

What a great adventure and missionary...he's a great inspiration...go Elder Messer!

Unknown said...

i can't believe it's been a year! does it feel easier now?

wende said...

i really am shocked that it's been a year, but i'm sure to you it feels like it's been longer! recently the photos cycling through on my screen saver popped up the photo of all the shoes by your door at brian's farewell.

it made me smile because it represents so much LOVE in his life. he is one lucky kid to have such great parents who have done such an incredible job of surrounding him with good people.

he's a pretty good guy too. :)
love you patsy!

michelle said...

Wow, that's a big milestone!

Janae said...

Congrats on a whole year down! I am so excited for you guys:)